Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK]Dps+heals no lifetaps spec.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[DOK]Dps+heals no lifetaps spec.

Post#1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:18 pm

A nice spec for dok which I worked out before taking the current break.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4978,5005

Armor- 3 conq/3 merc+Winds set +bl back and gem.

The original idea was that lifetap heals on dok were always non-reliable just when you need them (vs say a wh with a 100% parry buff, or while being kited), so I looked how can you make a dps dok spec with good regular heals- and it turns out there is a way.

See the spec above. The idea is to keep high Will, have no -% heal tactics, while still having a good defense and a decent dmg.

Stats on my dok in spec above, all talis toughness, renown maxed toughness and maxed wounds: 356 str, 725 toughness, 350 ws, 542 will, 649 wounds, 3458 armor, 590 all resist.

The reason for ignoring FS/parry/disrupt, and going for wounds/toughness instead- what kills you on heal dok is spike during KD/silence, or moral bomb. FS/parry/disrupt do nothing vs morals, parry does nothing when you really need it (=during KD, with wh having a party on your ass), and bws shouldn't kill you as a heal dok anyway. FS might help during spike, but so is toughness.

Heal vise- with 542 will, and no heal debuff tactics, in this spec you can heal as I would say 80%+ of what a full heal dok in defensive spec can heal, since you only really missing heal crit- during testing, I took a heal spot in pug wbs, and did just fine. Solo, keeping both hots on you is enough lot of times- and when you are getting low, or say when you would be dead in lifetap spec (wh hitting 100% parry buff when you are already low on hp), you can detaunt and heal.

Offense vise- Cleave Soul becomes your spammable attack, your str is pretty low but lot of your dmg comes from procs- CoC is hitting for 337 on 35% of your attacks, and Khaine's Imbuement ticking for 151. Since DF is (no longer) adds dmg to procs, it made it all that easier to remove it from spec. Extra bonus- with that many points in Torture, your Lacerate debuffs toughness by 120, adding quite a bit of dmg to all who hit the target (with +50 str from Consume Strength and 120 toughness debuff, your have 356+50+120= 526 str practically speaking).

Your spike is about morals.
Steal Life- since you have regular heals/Soul Shielding, you can give up on heal m1. What you gain is a fast charging dmg morale for when you need that little extra dmg, and a 100 f range nuke which is very nice to for example finish runners.
Universal Confusion- 1200 dmg, and you can play around stagger as well.
Vision of Torment- the real hard hitter, and with current morale gain and with defensive setup+ heals, you can actually live long enough to get to it even solo. With maxed points in tree it does 2394 unmitigated dmg over 7 sec, hit all your debuffs first, hit VoT, hit 2x Cleave Soul or so, and hit silence and nail them.

Real bonus of this spec- it removes all the stance limitations on dok, whatever live ones or extra ones added in RoR. No longer "can't heal in dps spec unless shield is on and even then only with lifetaps, can't do dmg in heal spec, ets"- your heal spec and dps spec is exactly the same spec, and you can choose to switching between them at any moment by just hitting different ability. Take a heal spot in a premade- and any moment when you need you instantly turn into dps.

Have fun with it, time to revive the real dps dok.

P.S. Hey Peter, its been long, how have you been bro?
Last edited by Zxul on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
gwydion

Re: [DOK]Dps+heals no lifetaps spec.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:31 pm

As much as I love lifetap for the ease of use (i can micro my dps and not really worry about my heals) not being able to heal without a melee target is pretty brutal in RvR, I think I'm gonna try this build out. Thanks for posting!

adamthelc

Post#3 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:18 pm

Not a big fan of the idea.

Having said that I would take the AoE debuff over extra damage from the proc. I also think steal life is terrible. It might be ok if it wasnt over 9 seconds.

satriani78

Post#4 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:45 am

There is anyone that still use a DOK build using the Path of Sacrifice?

Zxul

Post#5 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:16 am

adamthelc wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:18 pm Not a big fan of the idea.

Having said that I would take the AoE debuff over extra damage from the proc. I also think steal life is terrible. It might be ok if it wasnt over 9 seconds.
As for procs vs AoE detaunt (I guess you mean that one?) depends- AoE detaunt is nice, but from other hand procs do add quite a bit of dmg, and with this spec you are lot freer with positioning than if you tried to melee heal. Including with dmg- with procs going off Fist, when needed you can add a pretty noticeable extra dmg from 65 f away, even if not as much as if you got into melee.

As for Steal Life, while it obviously could be better, it is still a m1 dmg moral with 100 f range. Also, one option is to prebuff the target with it, then to push dmg followed by silence.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

adamthelc

Post#6 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:16 am
adamthelc wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:18 pm Not a big fan of the idea.

As for procs vs AoE detaunt (I guess you mean that one?) depends- AoE detaunt is nice, but from other hand procs do add quite a bit of dmg, and with this spec you are lot freer with positioning than if you tried to melee heal. Including with dmg- with procs going off Fist, when needed you can add a pretty noticeable extra dmg from 65 f away, even if not as much as if you got into melee.

As for Steal Life, while it obviously could be better, it is still a m1 dmg moral with 100 f range. Also, one option is to prebuff the target with it, then to push dmg followed by silence.
My bad, I meant the heal debuff. It's not that the covenant tactic is terrible, but curse of khaine is good enough you could make an argument to justify the entire spec if you used it. It might not be the best argument, but you could make it.

Zxul

Post#7 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:40 am

adamthelc wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm My bad, I meant the heal debuff. It's not that the covenant tactic is terrible, but curse of khaine is good enough you could make an argument to justify the entire spec if you used it. It might not be the best argument, but you could make it.
Curse of Khaine is mostly useful it 6man. Could get it, problem is you need a decent crit chance for it (specially with everyone going for anticrit), and you don't want Murderous Intent in this spec cause of heal debuff.

ocrtmpone

Post#8 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello, how about this?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5007,4974

Equipment: Domin set + RvR Jewels + 2 x RvR Healing Weapon

And will you use "Bleed Out" to instead of "Blood Thrist" + "Potent Con"??

Because it is hard to make the decision on the tatics:
- KB: 50% auto attack....very important on the damages
- MI: -20% healing, but increase 10% Melee & Healing Crit Change and 10% parry (still in testing worth it or not)
- CoK: -50% healing debuf
- Khanies Bounty: I found that this is very easy to trigger

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:01 pm

ocrtmpone wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:06 pm Hello, how about this?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5007,4974

Equipment: Domin set + RvR Jewels + 2 x RvR Healing Weapon

And will you use "Bleed Out" to instead of "Blood Thrist" + "Potent Con"??

Because it is hard to make the decision on the tatics:
- KB: 50% auto attack....very important on the damages
- MI: -20% healing, but increase 10% Melee & Healing Crit Change and 10% parry (still in testing worth it or not)
- CoK: -50% healing debuf
- Khanies Bounty: I found that this is very easy to trigger
Bleed out- dots last long enough as it is, and dmg on them is in "better then nothing" category anyway.

50% aa haste is nice in theory, but you don't do aa during channels (like Rend which you will use on cd, meaning already 3 out of 8 sec that tactic will do nothing). And then to trigger it, you need a decent melee crit chance- which you won't have in this spec (lot of your dmg comes from procs which don't crit, meaning crit does little for you).

The MI doesn't buffs heal crit, only melee one. And you don't want -20% heals in a spec made around nonlifetap heals.

CoK- again, need a decent melee crit chance for it to work, and only really worth it for premade situations.

Khaine's Bounty- might be worth testing.

ocrtmpone

Post#10 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 am

Yeah, after test

MI just for Melee Crit only, I just use Getstats to check it (but in player info page is Melee and Magic both had 10% Crit)

And after test "Bleed Out" seems no outstanding effect too, because the Str and Crit not high enough

To make the DOK can tanky but still can DPS, a hard topic.....

I do not know I need to use tailsman in Toughness / Armor / Str ????