Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario changes have not worked.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
doobiefog

Scenario changes have not worked.

Post#1 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 pm

As far as I can tell the new changes to scenarios have not helped and instead have hindered game play.
Queue times at all ranks have not noticeably decreased for me. It still takes just as long to get into a scenario if one ever does pop.

Instead due to the removal of matchmaking. Scenario class make up has gone nuts. Entire games of just dps. No healer games. Only healer games, and also wildly imbalanced where one side has a perfect group make up and the other side has one important class under represented or not present at all. Close matches in scenarios are exciting, and have all but been wiped out in my experience. Steamroll or be steamrolled isn't fun. Players quit early instead of being farmed.

That being said, I do not know what the solution is. I welcome any ideas

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Scenario changes have not worked.

Post#2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Make a group and queue up. Problem solved, you’re welcome.
<Montague><Capulet>

kuj0jotar0

Post#3 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 pm Make a group and queue up. Problem solved, you’re welcome.

I was going to say the same thing. Form a party and have your own balanced group or solo q and take what you get.

Totally your choice.

Mattia1981

Post#4 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 pm

I Find the work done by devs for SCs really fine, it always pop for me yet solo yet group, and well the introduction in Angril's forge for a new BO is very fine, makes it much more funny.
Thanks!

Kataari

Post#5 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 pm

doobiefog wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 pm As far as I can tell the new changes to scenarios have not helped and instead have hindered game play.
Queue times at all ranks have not noticeably decreased for me. It still takes just as long to get into a scenario if one ever does pop.

Instead due to the removal of matchmaking. Scenario class make up has gone nuts. Entire games of just dps. No healer games. Only healer games, and also wildly imbalanced where one side has a perfect group make up and the other side has one important class under represented or not present at all. Close matches in scenarios are exciting, and have all but been wiped out in my experience. Steamroll or be steamrolled isn't fun. Players quit early instead of being farmed.

I waited literally no longer than two minutes between SC pops. Solo healer.

Rydiak

Post#6 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:09 am

SCs have been great since the changes. What tier are you playing in?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

anarchypark

Post#7 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 am

NA t2 dps I guess
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Foltestik

Post#8 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 am

after change sc pop really nice, EU time t4 and t2-t3 to was really suprised

Ads
Grock

Post#9 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:15 pm

doobiefog wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 pm As far as I can tell the new changes to scenarios have not helped and instead have hindered game play.

What tier are you referring to?
16-39 have no "matchmaking" and throw random comps together just to make a match, because there isn't that many people in this bracket
40+ SCs supposedly do have class-based mm enabled

The only real solution to the problem is having higher player population.
But since we don't have enouhg players to get both balanced matches and quick matchmaking, we have to compromise: speed for mid-tier, quality for 40+
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)