Recent Topics

Ads

dps is over powered

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Re: dps is over powered

Post#61 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:54 pm

On my AM, I haven't lost a fight or died in over a month. Game is fine, balance is fine, TTK is fine if you don't log in due to Malus.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#62 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:50 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 pm EDIT, to add should also look into moving the extra master point from 50/60/70 to 60 / 80 / 100. This will have 2 immediate effects, add long term playability to a class and push off effectiveness of top tier players. So a RR100 player would be about equal to a current RR80 player but spread that power creep out.
The competition for the worst suggestion is hard but you look like a strong contender.

All this effort because people have trouble playing their class? Queue for a pug sc, watch people playing and you know why a sc is lost.
I am proud to be a contender then, because if you are saying the game is well balanced at 40/80 then you just like being overpowered I reckon. It was by far more fun and balanced in T3 and early T4 before people started hitting higher Renown ranks, optimal build configuration due to increased mastery points, and higher armor sets. Take a look at what RR80 gives you or allows for a character over RR40 Character. I think you may be surprised.
-= Agony =-

Zxul

Post#63 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Goermsi wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:54 am
Zxul wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:59 am Personal advice, armor is overrated- any semi decent DPS will have 50%+ armor pen if physical, or ignore it altogether if wh/caster. 400 init is way too much- anything beyond 275 or so is too high cost for too little return.

Get as much toughness as you can, preferably 750+, 275 or so init, and as much anticrit as you can get- negative crit does works. Vanq body+belt, 3 healer genesis, and whatever else you can come up with- FS 4 is worth it if you can afford it. And detaunt first thing after you came out of KD.
Thanks for the tip, I had already thought about the armor. Depending on the debuff, a large part of the armour, which has been worked out with a lot of effort, will be dropped or bypassed directly. You're right!
Question for this, wasn't toughness weakened? The players from my guild absolutely advise against using it actively.
I had already tried Genesis on 3, but I will give it another chance! :-)
Was weakened, as it can at most mitigate 75% of inc hit. With a dps likely having a capped attack skill (1050), not a problem except for tanks/twinked melee maguses.

Toughness also doesn't works vs procs, however those don't do enough dmg to concern a healer, and most of them work vs resists, making armor just as ineffective as toughness.

Toughness also doesn't works vs moral dmg, but again neither is armor- only wounds do- and in a situation where as a healer you really worry about moral dmg (wb fight), you don't worry about mdps. GL to wl which will jump to destro backlines.

And toughness doesn't works in pve, but for that you should have a dedicated will talis set anyway.

For the rest, toughness works better than armor, unless you actually manage to find that one dps on server which does a physical dmg, and doesn't has at least 600 ws.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

hammerhead

Post#64 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:00 pm

The difference in absorption between the types of damage is clearly visible. At the same time, Marauder still needs to run behind my back, and not stand 100 feet and press three buttons. Well continue, of course, everything is fine.
(\|)o0(|/)

Sulorie

Post#65 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 pm
I am proud to be a contender then, because if you are saying the game is well balanced at 40/80 then you just like being overpowered I reckon. It was by far more fun and balanced in T3 and early T4 before people started hitting higher Renown ranks, optimal build configuration due to increased mastery points, and higher armor sets. Take a look at what RR80 gives you or allows for a character over RR40 Character. I think you may be surprised.
I tend to be higher than rr40, when I became rank 40, so no, I don't care about high rr players. I don't need excuses to feel better, as proper positioning and the ability to read the flow of battle to avoid feeding over and over is something everyone can learn.
When there is an enemy premade and your side has only pugs, you adapt to the situation instead of complaining.
How many ppl you see, who charge head on into the enemy crowd at fight sight, get melted, respawn and repeat? Or healers who stand still to revive or heal, while enemy is moving towards them? I see plenty.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#66 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:31 pm

hammerhead wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:00 pm Image

The difference in absorption between the types of damage is clearly visible. At the same time, Marauder still needs to run behind my back, and not stand 100 feet and press three buttons. Well continue, of course, everything is fine.
You are aware, that casters are meant to kill you? You mitigate it by using a shield but nevertheless, you are meant to be defensive against melee dd, not casters.
Several casters assisted on you and you got no heals, no surprising result.
When you post combat log next time, turn on time stamps for better context.
Dying is no option.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 pm

A marauder can run behind your back and ignore all your parry investment. A Sorc can run behind your back and gains nothing, cause disrupt works 360 degree (and you wear no shield in this fight).
And the sorc hit you with m4. thats not 100ft.
Whats this thread about? AoE-damage too high? Yes, I agree.
If you have problems with single target sorc, spec runic shield.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Akalukz

Post#68 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 pm
I tend to be higher than rr40, when I became rank 40, so no, I don't care about high rr players. I don't need excuses to feel better, as proper positioning and the ability to read the flow of battle to avoid feeding over and over is something everyone can learn.
When there is an enemy premade and your side has only pugs, you adapt to the situation instead of complaining.
How many ppl you see, who charge head on into the enemy crowd at fight sight, get melted, respawn and repeat? Or healers who stand still to revive or heal, while enemy is moving towards them? I see plenty.
agreed, a lot of things can be solved by proper play in the area you are at. i was simply stating the power creep could be a little less steep by spreading out the gains over 100 rr instead of 80.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:04 am

Akalukz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:35 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 pm
agreed, a lot of things can be solved by proper play in the area you are at. i was simply stating the power creep could be a little less steep by spreading out the gains over 100 rr instead of 80.
Your suggestion just means, that 99% of playerbase will virtually never get there. rr100 here is not the same amount of time as on live.
And even then, some hardcore players, being addicted to one char, will get there and have a significant edge over all others, because you can't just simply make rr70 to get the same power as nowadays.

Can't you see, why this suggestion is bad?
It's not removing power gaps, it only shifts them to a higher rank but then they will be even harder to overcome.
Dying is no option.

Sofong

Post#70 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:04 am

wel the dmg looks nothing wrong but i do agree rdps have a easier life in sc/rvr.