Recent Topics

Ads

Active passing for equipment

Let's talk about... everything else
Goermsi

Active passing for equipment

Post#1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:58 am

Heys Gits,

during a trip through the RvR a thought came to my mind on which I would like to hear your opinion.
No matter in which area, sometimes more than a hundred players are raiding the castles of the other faction. Most of them, I think, are more concerned with reknownn or progress in the campaign - not the actual loot, since you've earned it many times in dozens of hours. A small percentage of the players may need this equipment and be denied the loot because the active pass is too often forgotten from the players.

Wouldn't it be an idea to get a medal for active passing that is one higher than the standard for the area? By this I do not mean that you get the medal if you roll and do not get a bag. No. Active passing in advance only!
So instead of Conq then u get Vanq or Invader. Only one.
For my part, I find it socially beneficial to actively pass for others - rewarding it even minimally would be considered a win/win situation as there is a bit progress for those who already have the equipment and need the next one and for those who still need it, they would get a better chance to win.

What ya thinkin gits? Ya! or Na! :-)
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Active passing for equipment

Post#2 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:14 am

Goermsi wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:58 am Heys Gits,

during a trip through the RvR a thought came to my mind on which I would like to hear your opinion.
No matter in which area, sometimes more than a hundred players are raiding the castles of the other faction. Most of them, I think, are more concerned with reknownn or progress in the campaign - not the actual loot, since you've earned it many times in dozens of hours. A small percentage of the players may need this equipment and be denied the loot because the active pass is too often forgotten from the players.

Wouldn't it be an idea to get a medal for active passing that is one higher than the standard for the area? By this I do not mean that you get the medal if you roll and do not get a bag. No. Active passing in advance only!
So instead of Conq then u get Vanq or Invader. Only one.
For my part, I find it socially beneficial to actively pass for others - rewarding it even minimally would be considered a win/win situation as there is a bit progress for those who already have the equipment and need the next one and for those who still need it, they would get a better chance to win.

What ya thinkin gits? Ya! or Na! :-)
You mean forts?
Normal keep siege is different, all rolls are individually for each player, you can't get someone else bag.
Dying is no option.

Goermsi

Post#3 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am

Hey Sul!

No, I don't mean the forts. The equipment there is the endgame right now. There's no way to increase it right now.
I mean the normal castles in the campaign on the way to the fort.

My idea is not about getting someone else's bag. It's more about increasing the odds for others by passing for them.
Players who don't need the equipment anymore, but don't actively pass the loot, take the equipment from players who would need it.
This could be turned off by rewarding the active pass for equipment with a single medal that the player currently needs.U know ... the golden chest at a siege ... pass for equip ;-)

*edit*
I know it would speed up the process of getting to the Invader set... and maybe that's not desired... but I think it's a great idea that will make the game more fun for all players and also reduce the tedious grind for certain equipment ... like invader :-D
...PVP, nothing else...

Rydiak

Post#4 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:09 am

Goermsi wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am Hey Sul!

No, I don't mean the forts. The equipment there is the endgame right now. There's no way to increase it right now.
I mean the normal castles in the campaign on the way to the fort.

My idea is not about getting someone else's bag. It's more about increasing the odds for others by passing for them.
Players who don't need the equipment anymore, but don't actively pass the loot, take the equipment from players who would need it.
This could be turned off by rewarding the active pass for equipment with a single medal that the player currently needs.U know ... the golden chest at a siege ... pass for equip ;-)

*edit*
I know it would speed up the process of getting to the Invader set... and maybe that's not desired... but I think it's a great idea that will make the game more fun for all players and also reduce the tedious grind for certain equipment ... like invader :-D
You misread Sulorie. This isn't WAR. ORvR bag rolls in RoR are entirely personal. Another's person's roll has zero effect on your own. Therefore, you cannot "pass" on equipment for other players.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Goermsi

Post#5 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:28 am

Really?
I thought that if 100 people attack a castle and there are 5 golden bags - but I abstained for the loot roll - then only 99 people would roll instead of 100 and this would increase the percentage chance of loot for other players.
The more people would pass, the higher the percentage chance for others. If that's not the case - then sorry, I wasted your time :-/
...PVP, nothing else...

Gangan

Post#6 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:49 am

Also the roll happens at the zone-lock and not on the keep.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Nidwin

Post#7 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:50 am

Nope Goermsi, bag rolls are individual so you'll get your bags when you have enough contribution stacked.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

oaliaen

Post#8 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:34 am

Your idea would work on rvr medalions..

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Nidwin wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:50 am Nope Goermsi, bag rolls are individual so you'll get your bags when you have enough contribution stacked.
Damn, I didn't know that simply flying to a zone 3 mins before lock would help war effort so much so as to grant me a blue bag...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *