Recent Topics

Ads

Having to download again???

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Minotauro

Having to download again???

Post#1 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:41 pm

I decided to give the game a shot again yesterday and installed and updated everything to get it ready to play today. I was able to start the game just fine last night but when I tried to log in today to play I am stuck downloading 172k files from the launcher... What gives? Am I going to have to do this every time I want to play? Because that's not going to happen.

Ads
Solmangrundy

Re: Having to download again???

Post#2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm

no. after you've download the patch files any further updates will take seconds.

just like any other big MMO the first time download is the longest.

I play on cellphone internet and know those pains of having to wait days for big patches to download.

Minotauro

Post#3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 pm

I was in the game last night, I prepped it to play today. There should not be that much more to download today. I am on wired internet with 466Gb dl speed and its still going to take hours to dl 172k files at the speed its going.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Minotauro wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 pm I was in the game last night, I prepped it to play today. There should not be that much more to download today. I am on wired internet with 466Gb dl speed and its still going to take hours to dl 172k files at the speed its going.
If you see 172k files you've done something wrong.

Detailed guide here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Minotauro

Post#5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:31 pm

I downloaded the game from the torrent, that's how I was in yesterday....
When trying to launch the game, from the same launcher that I used yesterday after patching, it wants to download 172k files. Obviously something is wrong, i get that. But don't worry about it, ill find something else to play. Posting "you did something wrong" isn't much support. I'm capable of reading the download instructions or I wouldn't have been able to log into the game in the first place.