Recent Topics

Ads

Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sosenj6828

Re: Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

Post#71 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 am

Random idea:
For people who are 70rr+, if you win a Gold bag or a Purple Bag in T4 Zones, you get to choose 3 invader medals in gold one, and 1/2 in purple one.

Ads
kleinbuchstabe

Post#72 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:20 am The problem with providing Invaders from City instances is that you can skip Fort content.

Thats not true. If you want the city to open up, you have to join fortress and can not skip it. No fort = no city, vry easy! The only difference would be, that people will do the fortress with a twink who needs renown and invader, or give space for people who need it with their main chars. But if you want city you can not skip fortress, its just necessary for the city, so there is actually no need to force the rr80 players inside for useless equip grind reasons.

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:26 am Completing content as an objective has an effect on deterring more toxic behavior as a static objective is really hard to troll and abuse.

I cant see toxic behavior in logging on a twink for fortress who needs invader and renown, and change to the main char who need sov when it comes to city. Also i cant see toxic behavior, when high rr chars giving fortress space for people who need renown and invasor gear.
The fortresses are full every time. More than full. Most people who wats to get in cant because its full.
And this ist what produces real toxic moods: People who wants to get in can not because its full - full with players who dont even want to get in, but have to, only to grind "useless gear". And this over and over again, until players hates it... ;)

Maybe its true what you say and people will skip fortress when they dont need the invader set. But isnt this allready done by the chars who allready or finally got the invader gear? So what now? Do you think they wont play anymore and go offline? No, the players will maybe park their main char until city opens, but play a twink instead. This is allready happening, so what did you win? I cant see any trolling or abuse in this. Its not the PLAYER who skips the fortress, its only his mainchar who doesnt need these rewards anymore. So its just matter of the chosen char, not of content playing itself.

I am sure that the fortress content will be used in the same way like now without the invader gear mechanic.
The only differnece for the high RR players will be the char selection between fortress and city, but they will play it anyway.

Noslock

Post#73 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:28 am

What i would like to see is:
Invader set moved to rvr gold bags for players rr 6x + and invader medallions droppin from players above rr6x. Warlord set moved to forts to incentivate people who are already full invader to actively play forts with forts also givin warlord medallions.Sovereigns sets for city siege.the actual city contribution system is crap and since bags dont give sets parts anymore remove bags and increase the crest reward for stage win/loss

Shooshpanzerer

Post#74 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:09 pm

There was a lot of legitimate concerns raised along with the usual whine. But i also do understand the idea of "playing the content to recieve content rewards".

Legitimate problems to me:
1) Forts and cities aren't "content on demand" like PvE or Ranked. They happen when they do.
2) There's a lot of unused currency like Conq/opressor/vanq medals.
3) For high rr players game turns into "city soon? Ah, no, i'm not logging".

So what is my idea about reward system.
1) Allow to downgrade Royal straight into Vanq. No Royal to invader.
2) Allow upgrade of officer/conq into vanq.
3) Full Invader and Sov Set cost is about 50-100 royal/invader + 1-2k of Vanq medals.
4)Rewards for fort stays the same (4 for lost, 6 for win, 1 royal for defence win).
5) Rewards for city. 1 royal for st1 win, 1 royal for st2 draw, 2 royals for st2 win, 1 royal for stage 3 loss, 3 royals for st 3 win.
6) Bags in cities give vanq for rank 1-2 city, invader for 3-4 star, royal for 5 star.

zumos2

Post#75 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:20 am The problem with providing Invaders from City instances is that you can skip Fort content.

Invader rewards for Invader content.
Two points:
- If you are below rr 70 you can actually skip fort content, but for those above rr 70 you cannot. I don't see how that is ... lets say ... "working as intended".
- For those trying to now gear a rr 70+ character it is actually harder to get invader than it is to get sovereign. There are more ways to fix that than just giving invader also to cities.

You can increase the amount of Invader medals that you get from forts, or defending the zones before fort. You can allow a 1 to 1 conversion of royal to invader medals. Since you actually get invader medals below rr 70, I don't think that is a really weird or imbalanced request.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

M0rw47h

Post#76 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:11 pm

zumos2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Invader rewards for Invader content.
Two points:
- If you are below rr 70 you can actually skip fort content, but for those above rr 70 you cannot. I don't see how that is ... lets say ... "working as intended".
- For those trying to now gear a rr 70+ character it is actually harder to get invader than it is to get sovereign. There are more ways to fix that than just giving invader also to cities.

You can increase the amount of Invader medals that you get from forts, or defending the zones before fort. You can allow a 1 to 1 conversion of royal to invader medals. Since you actually get invader medals below rr 70, I don't think that is a really weird or imbalanced request.
Proper fix would be removing invaders from Cities? Right?

Bregon

Post#77 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:31 pm

this really needs looked at for 70+, I have 200 royals crests and cant wear anything due to not being able to get the invader required, wont add points as everything has been said that needs said by people providing suggestions and not nonsense.

GROTRUK

Post#78 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Why not just put invaders tokens in loot (like a %), after kill an 70+ player in rvr ?

Ads
mursaat1337

Post#79 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:54 pm

just have royals break down to invaders and make the pre req to do so rr70+. problem solved!

istvar

Post#80 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:34 pm

GROTRUK wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:37 pm Why not just put invaders tokens in loot (like a %), after kill an 70+ player in rvr ?
Because that would give people too much freedom to play the way they want rather than being forced into boring content the devs want you to do :D