Recent Topics

Ads

Sword Master and Focused Offense Tactic

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foofmonger

Re: Sword Master and Focused Offense Tactic

Post#11 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:17 pm

I'll be honest, I haven't played a Swordmaster on this server yet, and the vast majority of my experience was on live. It may not be good for a Swordmaster in particular in the current build/state, I was speaking more from a general tank perspective.

But being scared of taking more damage is not a good reason not to run FO. If you aren't checking what you are up against and changing your tactics accordingly, then that's a playstyle problem. If you are in a scenario with 3 maguses, 3 sorcs, and a single choppa or something, and you still don't consider putting FO on, you are just doing yourself a disservice, even on an SM. When that tactic reads "your damage increases by 15% and you have virtually no downsides", and you still don't use it? That's not logic, that's just stubbornness and refusal to adapt. If I played a dps SM I'd definitely have a tactic bar with FO on it, and I'd definitely use it when appropriate, such as attempting to chase down a sorc I'm intending to 1v1 or something.

So I stand by my post in general, thanks though. Still, I'd prefer if you don't take my advice and people keep following yours. It will literally make my life easier.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 pm

You can't change tactics in the middle of combat. Plus, like I said, you'll ALWAYS be taking damage from your guard which is mitigated by armor. Nerfing your total armor by a third is a Very Bad Idea, period. Especially when you can use another tactic and get almost the exact same output, without nerfing your armor.

Plus, as it stands, you'd have to drop another very useful and very strong tactic in order to fit FO. You only have 4 tactic slots, and if you're going offensive 2 hander, then 3 of them are already reserved for other, absolutely required tactics, leaving you only one slot to play with.

DokB

Post#13 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:10 pm

Guard damage isn't mitigated by anything (except wounds arguably).
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

toffikx

Post#14 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 pm

Real tanks run with x4 FO tactics slotted.

Aethilmar

Post#15 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:43 pm

Possible SM dots: EA, CoT, DI, PE

Also GS but only PvE move so ... meh.

Back on topic: Don't slot FO. Ever.

Aethilmar

Post#16 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 pm

toffikx wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 pm Real tanks run with x4 FO tactics slotted.
I have it in all four plus I stick it in my renown slots (I lied above). It's just that good.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:47 am

Back in live you can potentially run FO on Borc because tree hit combo wasn't limited to 2h like it is now.

Once you build enough avoidance you can slot FO with sword/board... its to play on the assumption that S/B are last target to focus because they are so tough to kill (also deal no dmg)

But now it's very much dumbed down that 2H = lol dps and S/B = hold the line and tickle at enemy. Again you can run it against heavy caster sc but then as an order player when was the last time you did NOT see a dest melee train?

Tankbeardz

Post#18 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 am

Slot FO. Name yourself after a country and add hero behind it. Become a legend.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#19 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:22 am

I think it's PvE tactic.
kill 15 spiders. you need FO.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)