Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher issue

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ViconteEbonciel

Launcher issue

Post#1 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Had been playing no problem, came back today to log in and the launcher.exe crashed and then disappeared on me. Tried to run the updater to download it again, got this error
Error Downloading updater:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.gy3MwXQNt3w1CDbjGc(Object )
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the torrent, still getting this issue. The downloader on tixati stops and says that files are missing. Any advice?

Update: Turned off my spyware blocker and force checked the torret. It updated to 100% and now I have the launcher, but when I click play it requires an update. When I press update, it gives me the above error again, and removed my launcher.exe again.

Ads
Jastojan

Re: Launcher issue

Post#2 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello,
same happened to me. I dont realy know what happened. I closed the game and my launcher is missing... it is missing even in instal folder.

I dont care about the solution anymore (I am realy about to delete all my staff... it was enough for today, the last straw) but I am writting it here just to let you know, that you were not alone with this problem.

Bartibus

Post#3 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Same problem here. Dont know what to do

nat3s

Post#4 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm

just happened to me too, updater gets blocked downloading a new one too
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm just happened to me too, updater gets blocked downloading a new one too
Hasn't this been "happening" to you for a week now despite multiple replies from multiple staff members on how to fix it?

Exclude your WAR folder. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/exclude- ... rity-scan/
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

nat3s

Post#6 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 pm
nat3s wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm just happened to me too, updater gets blocked downloading a new one too
Hasn't this been "happening" to you for a week now despite multiple replies from multiple staff members on how to fix it?

No it hasn't, literally only just happened a few minutes ago. You are confusing me with someone else.

Also it was Avira AV real-time protection that quarantined it, not Windows Defender.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Bartibus

Post#7 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Thank you. Fixed for me for me now

nat3s

Post#8 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 pm

Whitelisting the War folder in Avira settings did the job for me. Thanks
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Ads
ViconteEbonciel

Post#9 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 pm

Hmm. I added the folder to exclusions in windows defender, turned off avira, and am still getting this error. Any further advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by ViconteEbonciel on Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaelang

Post#10 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 pm

Is your disk full?

Insufficient system resources exist typically means you're running low on space.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.