Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Client download

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
MadCnty

Re: RoR Client download

Post#961 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 pm

Thanks so much!!! This was a fresh install of Win 10 x64, so I did run into a few glitches, but I finally have it up and running!!! The main issue I was having was missing *.dll's from DirectX 9.0C, but luckily I found my original game disks, and just installed it from there...

Ads
stackenblochen

Post#962 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am

Hello, I just downloaded the 10.8 GB client via torrent as described in the "Join US!" section. After starting the RoRLauncher.exe, it started downloading a lot of stuff again. Started with Manifest something, and after that it shows "1hundredsomething/4thousandsomething", and it takes foerever and sometimes crashes with an error. Is that normal?

xpander

Post#963 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:43 am

stackenblochen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am
Hello, I just downloaded the 10.8 GB client via torrent as described in the "Join US!" section. After starting the RoRLauncher.exe, it started downloading a lot of stuff again. Started with Manifest something, and after that it shows "1hundredsomething/4thousandsomething", and it takes foerever and sometimes crashes with an error. Is that normal?
make sure the folder you downloaded isnt read-only as well as have the RoRLauncher.exe inside the folder you downloaded via torrent.

stackenblochen

Post#964 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:40 pm

make sure the folder you downloaded isnt read-only as well as have the RoRLauncher.exe inside the folder you downloaded via torrent.
Unfortunately the folder always reverts back to Read-only mode although I unchecked it. I also followed all the steps from this help page and the linked page from the Join Us guide, but it does not chenge. I dont have any problems installing other software/games though.

Acidic

Post#965 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm

stackenblochen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:40 pm
Unfortunately the folder always reverts back to Read-only mode although I unchecked it. I also followed all the steps from this help page and the linked page from the Join Us guide, but it does not chenge. I dont have any problems installing other software/games though.
Sounds like you made game directory under the windows managed directories \program file\

Don’t put it there else windows will write protect it again as soon as you look away from the screen

Make the game directory somewhere else non windows special such C:\game or off desktop
Then remove write protect and it should be fine

stackenblochen

Post#966 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Actually the path to the directory is "D:\Warhammer - Reckoning"

When I try to change permission in the windows console using "attrib -r d:\Warhammer - Reckoning" it says something about bad parameters...

Sufferkate

Post#967 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm

played fine yesterday all day … now being asked to redownload entire game... why? can't find launcher I normally use to just download latest patch and enter.

Acidic

Post#968 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Ah :)
Too long since I used cmd

Try -R
Also space in cmd don’t go well together , remove spaces from directory name might help

Else use the file manager I would suggest

Ads
stackenblochen

Post#969 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:43 pm

Acidic wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Try -R
Also space in cmd don’t go well together , remove spaces from directory name might help

This is super strange, I can successfully change the folder in the comand line using

Code: Select all

attrib -r d:\Warhammer
now, but in WIn10 file explorer it still shows the read-only setting fo that folder. Whenever opening the RoR launcher it starts downloading manifest etc files. :?

Acidic

Post#970 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:06 pm

stackenblochen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Acidic wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Try -R

This is super strange, I can successfully change the folder in the comand line using

Code: Select all

attrib -r d:\Warhammer
now, but in WIn10 file explorer it still shows the read-only setting fo that folder. Whenever opening the RoR launcher it starts downloading manifest etc files. :?
Spaces in directory names and cmd really don’t mix so can think weird things may happen
Also cmd is a throw back to dos so possible differences in what explorer does and cmd.
Works that is probably enough :)