Recent Topics

Ads

Returning player, have questions

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lobsterkuln

Returning player, have questions

Post#1 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:21 am

Hello everyone,

I used to play retail Warhammer back when Iron Rock was still active, played on destruction as a DoK and a SH back then.

I'm interested on playing Destruction on here since WAR was one of my favorites, I had no idea there was a private server up.

Is it worth rolling on here? Is there a solid population between the tiers? As a side note I was thinking of rolling a Black Guard and messing around with 2h, if any groups are looking for additional players.

Any information any of you could provide would be helpful, I'm really hoping this is a legit chance at playing WAR again, and not just a dead private server playing Realm Vs. Door like the end of retail.

Thanks guys!

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Returning player, have questions

Post#2 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Hmm sry to say IT But mostly its a Bit Realm vs door at the Moment. They Player base here think its okay to perma Rolf stomp one side than switch to the other side and so on...
Best time is EU prime time there you got some good fights sometimes. Scs are working very fine and Find a grp in EU time is no problem.
For me its Worth to play here I have a lot of fun and many friends grps and so on. And If you have a grp you can do nice orvr . Well its 200 vs 50 sometimes :) But you still can play it. And mayb the time come where ppl change his minds.
T1 is good playable t2-3 is not good Population! T4 is the Main Part on the server.
A lot of pqs are working
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

dansari

Post#3 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Welcome! 2h BG just got some nice tweaks that as far as I can tell have brought it more in line with the other destro tanks. I think you'll enjoy playing one if that's what you want to main.

This certainly isn't a dead private server. EU primetime will normally yield about 4x the player base as NA, so sometimes it can be hard to find orvr fights for NA. That being said, scenarios pop relatively frequently and if you can join a semi-populated guild/alliance you'll have plenty of people to play with.

You also have a pretty active dev/GM team who want to make the game better. The added carrots to mid tier (new shoulders/helm set that look great and have good stats for some classes), the upcoming RVR mechanic changes they're experimenting with in T1, the re-opening of the balance forums, and the addition of conq medallion gaining quests show that they listen to the playerbase and are dedicated to building not only a working pve system with dungeons and pqs and quest lines, but also fun pvp experiences.
<Salt Factory>

k1o3
Banned

Post#4 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:34 pm

I play almost strictly in NA hours and ironically I'm in T2/T3 as we speak and have never had population issues. I truly look at those comments and think "????".

I've played a lot of live and T2 was my favorite tier, so I miss Ostland, but imo RoR is wayyyy better than WAR.

I think some people are stuck in nostalgia and don't remember the hilarious class balance and servers being 90% one faction or the other (ie dark craag/praag), and I've seen people xrealm to help the other side.

I like the staff a lot actually and I've said quite a few times how I'm surprised I'm still here despite my mouth so don't let the ban section deter you like it did initially for me cause if I'm still here you're good lol.

I'd definitely recommend 2H BG way better here than it was on live. Community is really fun btw I enjoy it a lot even as a dreaded NA player :3

I rolled destro mainly because I like the odds stacked against me and it's typically never so bad that it's unplayable at least in T1/mid.
- notkaspr <denail>

Lobsterkuln

Post#5 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Thank you everyone for the posts!

I'm glad to see there are still people as passionate about WAR as they were in the past. Thank you for all the helpful information, this definitely decides it for me, joining you guys soon! :)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Yeaaaa Welcome
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Dresden
Banned

Post#7 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm

With the way it is now playing a Blackguard requires skill and finesse.

Roll one at your own peril.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Darosh
Banned

Post#8 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Lobsterkuln wrote:Hello everyone,

I used to play retail Warhammer back when Iron Rock was still active, played on destruction as a DoK and a SH back then.

I'm interested on playing Destruction on here since WAR was one of my favorites, I had no idea there was a private server up.

Is it worth rolling on here? Is there a solid population between the tiers? As a side note I was thinking of rolling a Black Guard and messing around with 2h, if any groups are looking for additional players.

Any information any of you could provide would be helpful, I'm really hoping this is a legit chance at playing WAR again, and not just a dead private server playing Realm Vs. Door like the end of retail.

Thanks guys!
Hello there and welcome!

Now, to your questions:
1.) Generally speaking, yes, you can enjoy the game. The population shifts depending on the respective time*, and, as Dakna pointed out, partly because of some xrealming going on (its not too bad, but at times noticeably - wipes *cough*). But if you played live, and you did, you should be familar with AAO farming. :)
Don't let the folks discourage you, check it out yourself in any case - you can drop the game anytime you like if you deem it not worth your time; theres no subscripton, so give it a shot. You might fall in love with it (again).
2.) Blackguard is a good choice as the class received quite some love recently, and additional feedback to the changes is always a good thing.

As to your sentiment:
I am very glad that you are actively looking for players to group with - I appreciate it very much!
Make sure you check the guild forums, alot of big and pretty good organized guilds are currently recruiting.

Abbd.: *Your best bet is playing during EU-prime (NA-prime is kinda ... well, its okayish), you'll often see multiple warbands in t4, and atleast one in each other tier.
However, t2/t3 got merged so don't be shocked if you stare at completly empty t2 zones, and at times relatively empty t3 zones.
The focus is on t4, but you should still have no issues finding people to group with in the lower tiers.

Ads
JoyToy

Post#9 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi guys, I just joined yesterday, used to play quite a bit in the old days as Mightem and Tolstoi and been in a few guilds over the years, namely Keepers and regulators. I've been looking at people's gear in T4 and it seems that everyone is wearing Annihilator set and fairly standard gear, do all dungeons still exist and is it still possible to do the tough ones or has gear been sort of standardized?

dansari

Post#10 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:39 pm

There is very little difference in stats between Anni and conq; I'm not sure if you consider that standardized.
<Salt Factory>