Recent Topics

Ads

Hello from a newb!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Skorris

Hello from a newb!

Post#1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just installed and this will be my first time really trying to play this game. I played the trial once, but that hardly counts because I was playing other games and didn't stick with it. I was a long time classic Everquest player and Ultima Online player. I tested lots of other games over the years and recently played Guild Wars 2 but mostly in WvW. I'm excited for large open combat here and I'm not playing anything else anymore. I'm going to create my first character later today, and I'm curious if it matters what side I join. Is it relatively balanced between order and destruction? Also, is there any type of class I should avoid as a new player? I like melee DPS classes the most in every game. The white lion sounds cool and unique. The rogue-style classes seem cool as well. I'm looking forward to meeting and battling with all of you!

Ads
catholicism198

Re: Hello from a newb!

Post#2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Skorris wrote:
Spoiler:
Hello Everyone!

I just installed and this will be my first time really trying to play this game. I played the trial once, but that hardly counts because I was playing other games and didn't stick with it. I was a long time classic Everquest player and Ultima Online player. I tested lots of other games over the years and recently played Guild Wars 2 but mostly in WvW. I'm excited for large open combat here and I'm not playing anything else anymore. I'm going to create my first character later today, and I'm curious if it matters what side I join. Is it relatively balanced between order and destruction? Also, is there any type of class I should avoid as a new player? I like melee DPS classes the most in every game. The white lion sounds cool and unique. The rogue-style classes seem cool as well. I'm looking forward to meeting and battling with all of you!
Use .rules in game. Don't get banned. Or exiled. Or you might end up not being able to change a character's name like me. :cry:

StormX2
Game Master

Post#3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Welcome to RoR!

Don't mind that guy, some people get salty.

What Timezone do you mostly play? each side has its moments of dominance at certain times of the day/night.

catholicism198

Post#4 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:06 pm

StormX2 wrote:Welcome to RoR!

What Timezone do you mostly play? each side has its moments of dominance at certain times of the day/night.
Eh? No salt. I honestly don't care to change any character's name....just trying to lighten things up (hence the emoji.) But seriously, read the rules.

And welcome.

NerdLabGaming

Post#5 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 pm

In my opinion both sides are fine to play I sometimes jump over if one side is getting dominated to help the balance and it's fun to be the underdog sometimes. But any dose is good for new players just to get a feel for the game then go from there. Again just my opinion. Welcome hope you enjoy playing and I'll see you in glorious Battle! ⚔️
Shaman: SnotlingKing
Choppa: DeffKopta
KOTBS: EmperorJustin
WitchHunter: MadHatter
WarriorPriest:PriestoCthulhu

Check out my YouTube will have Warhammer videos out soon! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVRJ9BI5CnCGhu620T6Iqjg

Skorris

Post#6 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:36 pm

StormX2 wrote:Welcome to RoR!

Thanks everyone. I am on Pacific time, and I will mostly be on at night and potentially some mornings. I'll just try what sounds fun and go from there since I'm going to be looking at my character a lot!

keblock
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello welcome, you will enjoy this game and the pvp content. Enjoy!