Recent Topics

Ads

Hello everyone

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mateo

Hello everyone

Post#1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Greetings! Old school WAR player; Badlands from start to finish. Was a regen-geared, SnB BG named Meiv.
Spoiler:
Hit 40 a while ago and couldn't decide if I wanted to keep playing FF14, or switch over to here; I saw their latest patch, and here I am. Apologies in advance for being rusty, and I am grateful that there are no Skaven running around the lakes, or def sov lifetapping MDPS. (Yet?) \0/

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Hello everyone

Post#2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 am

Sov will have some teeth removed, and the horror that was RR80+ gear and stat imbalances will never see the light of day. Much softer power curve in the future for RoR.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Mateo

Post#3 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 am

Outstanding. As much as I benefited personally from having all of that stuff, I'm happy to hear the maximum power level will be coming down some this time around. Seeing people below ~RR50 get 2-3 shot regularly lost its comedic effect really fast as the population continued to dwindle.

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with; thank you for bringing this game back.

Mystriss

Post#4 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:25 am

I remember you!

~blows [painful] kisses~

Mateo

Post#5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:36 am

Mystriss! You are one of the few people I wish I stayed in touch with after we all left WAR for Rift. Are any others from the Gaiscioch Family around?

Mystriss

Post#6 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:47 am

Heh I've actually been so busy doing RL stuff that I've not been gaming for a while, a year or so now I suppose. I keep wanting to get back into RoR, but it seems like there's always something else I have to do. Ruthlos played a while, hit 40, then he got busy with work. Maybe this winter RoR will happen (I think I've been saying that for a couple years now. :/ )

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if any GSCH are here, haven't played with them since... GW2 I believe (maybe ESO) they're still mostly in GW2 as far as I last saw, they post on FB fairly regularly (FB's never really been my thing) or gaiscioch.com of course. Fog is always happy to see old friends, and enemies :P

Thelen

Post#7 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 am

The sexyboots!

Mystriss

Post#8 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Thelen wrote:The sexyboots!
<3 !!!

Urm... I mean... TAINTED FILTH!!!! ~flails sword at somewhat uselessly~ :P

Ads
biotek

Post#9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:35 pm

I remember Gaiscioch from... almost every MMO I've ever played. I seem to recall our guild being on the same server during retail (Vae Victis Granarc). With all the server shutdowns/merges, who knows which one it was.

Mystriss

Post#10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 am

hmm I believe Gaiscioch went Phoenix Throne to Badlands, but I might be wrong. Yea, GSCH is pretty active; Fog brings all the peeps to the yard :P