Recent Topics

Ads

Return to War

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Castellan

Return to War

Post#1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi,

I played the original game from launch and was saddened by its abandonment, and absolutely thrilled to hear, 9 years later, that this project exists.

I spent my time on an RP server... Can't remember the name unfortunately, but I had a small Dark Elf Guild called the Feral Might. Good Days, those.

How big is this community, currently?§

Ads
szejoza

Re: Return to War

Post#2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:56 pm

over 1k players at peak hours EU, hard to say how many active players in total (my bet would be around 2-2.5k)
Spoiler:

Castellan

Post#3 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Sounds like a solid amount!

Theseus

Post#4 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:56 pm

If you still like role play, there are several roleplay guilds on the server. I know of 2 Darkelf roleplay guilds and a few orcish ones. There is a strong dwarfen one the Bitterstone thunderers. Cool lads and great fighters, even as I mostly fought against them. An high elfen role play guild is the Eternal Home, which was my home when I played order. Great guys as well. A new empire guild rose as well, Black Guards of Morr as I recall. So if you still want to play this way you will find enough players.

Have fun and see you in the lakes I guess.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

kmark101

Post#5 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:08 am

I think much more than that. 1k peak time players require at least 5-7k active players, especially in RoR which is extremely casual friendly.

As a recent sample, when Uthgard peaked 3k per night a couple months ago it had around 40k account created and at least half of them were played regularly.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:41 am

Yeh I'd think that when we get 1k to 1.2k EU evenings over past weeks, that would require 4-6k regular players who log between a few times a month to those who play daily.

Even after live server death, the RvR continues. ;)

Castellan

Post#7 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 am

Theseus wrote:If you still like role play, there are several roleplay guilds on the server.
I loved the RP. Me and some friends used to write fan fiction for the table-top game, rest its soul, and there was a semi-official forum for the original game that was active months before launch. Can't seem to remember the name of the forum either. It has been a while.

I look forward to seeing you in game.