Recent Topics

Ads

Good to see this game is around

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
LaughingMand8D

Good to see this game is around

Post#1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 am

Here I am at work on my phone, while my computer at home is downloading the game. Looking forward to installing it when I get home. What brought me here was a YouTube video on the death of the original game.

I originally played the game at launch, the nightmare that it was, as a DoK for the first month or so. Then my time was consumed with WoW's WotLK launch leveling up with my guild to raid again. By April of 2009 my guild was bored of WoW's content and most of us went our own ways.

Looking for another MMO to play, I decided to give WAR another shot. For April and May of 2009 I played different classes from 1-20 mostly in RVR to get a feel for them and see what I liked.
Eventually I settled on playing an Archmage.

I enjoyed playing with the class, I leveled up completely in RVR or the battleground instances. While I leveled, I enjoyed many good fights. After hitting max level, joining a well organized guild, and participating regularly in fights, right up to the expansion things looked good. After the expansion, sadly things started to slow. Eventually, Destruction stopped showing up to fights, it was a boring steamroll one after another. By August/September 2009 people in my guild were looking forward to Aion's beta and release.

I did eventually leave for good, except for a week sometime in 2011 (still have the game on my system @1.4.3), I wanted to see what Bioware had done with the game. I guess I had better things to do at the time because I barely remember what I did then.

I loved what this game did right, I hate what happened to it. I honestly hope the best for this endeavor.

Ads