Recent Topics

Ads

Good Ol' Times cherished by an Ol' school Marauder.

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReZDoGG

Good Ol' Times cherished by an Ol' school Marauder.

Post#1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:56 pm

I just wanted to say whats up! Just an ol' school marauder here ( Rezdogg ) from volkmar/badlands. I was the leader of dethrone/dethronex for awhile there... I was also in DROW, Malice,and one other guild I actually can't remember, before I joined those guilds. I just wanted to say that I cherish the times on those servers, and all the great people that I played with, and all great players I played against, and of course all great battles/fights we shared! It was definitely my most memorable gaming experience in any game. We had such a great community, despite all the drama, we all knew eachother and helped eachother out in so many ways to become better players and did our part to help a great game grow. I'm definitely grateful for the gaming experience that I had in Warhammer! The good ol' days I tell ya! I miss the days of all those battles for sure... Things might not be like they used to be, but it's great to see that the game has been resurrected! and that is has brought back ol' players/guilds and familiar faces... It's also great that new people get the chance to get that warhammer experience that we all fell in love with, that brought us so much joy...

I have created a marauder, of course, but I only just started loggin in. I don't know if I'll come back full time or anything, I just might pop in once in awhile and catch up with ol' gaming friends. I don't get much into games anymore, and I haven't for a long time. I played Guild wars 2 and Wildstar for awhile, but it's been several years since actually playing anything... so it's hard for me to get back into gaming full time. And to be honest, it's hard to get movitivated starting over and grinding back up again! after doing it over a dozen times. I'll do my best to try to get high enough for the current max gear and beable to do some premades. So you may or may not see me running around.

And Props to the ones developing the game! You guys are true fans, and much respect on everything you all do to make the game great again, and all the time spent.

Ads
ReZDoGG

Re: Good Ol' Times cherished by an Ol' school Marauder.

Post#2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Here are some screenshots of some good ol' school battles that I took. Alot of good players... I tried to embed it, but it won't work.

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/rezdo ... r%20Online

Toldavf

Post#3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:39 pm

There's a few things that are different about the class from live i'll post them here as a heads up.

Thunderous blows has had 3 separate nerfs It now has an increased cool down of 10 seconds, Is as high in the tree as it is possible to make it and the size of the debuff has been reduced to about 63% of its former size. Mine is down from 156 to 97.

Our aoe did at one point receive a buff to its damage, if there where any patch notes that rescinded this i probably missed them. But things like wrecking ball have decent damage last i checked.

Hulking brute now provides initiative like the other 2 tactics.

Pull is undependable from behind (not that it matters).

Piercing bite is fixed and so only works on abilities that require mutation.

Board swings only grants one additional hit per swing regardless of the number of targets hit (It was bonkers with aoe)
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

ReZDoGG

Post#4 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Bummer on the thunderous blow nerf, that was our hardest hitting ability... And also piercing bite is what gave us that high damage, the shitty part is that it won't work on thunderous blow anymore, so that's definitely a nerf to dps marauders. I never liked brutality, I've always used savagery as my main spec for damage, but I of course spec into brute for the 25% dmg buff ability.

I haven't actually looked into the changes yet, but the nerfs definitely hurt the build that I used for dps.

The aoe nerf sucks too, it wasn't used much but it had its purposes in large scale like city raids.

I dunno, I'm not sure how things would be at 40 and best gear available. I'm far from knowing... But I didn't expect it to be anywheres close or similar to using rr90 or 100 gear. But it would be interesting to see how my old build performs, even with the lower end gear. Thunderous blow is a big hit, because you would have to wait for that cool down to do your whole rotation...
Last edited by ReZDoGG on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:47 pm

how does a guaranteed pull from behind in the age of disrupthammer suck? =P

TB Nerf was warranted, imo; farrrr too much utility for a dps class. has allowed BGs to shine more.

Fey

Post#6 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Terrible Embrace is undefendable from behind, not undependable. I believe that's a typo.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

ReZDoGG

Post#7 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Fey wrote:Terrible Embrace is undefendable from behind, not undependable. I believe that's a typo.
Oh okay, makes sense.

Panzerkasper

Post#8 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 am

peterthepan3 wrote:how does a guaranteed pull from behind in the age of disrupthammer suck? =P
Because the defense check comes at the end of the cast, wich makes it pretty easy to counter unless you have all effects turned off and don't even know you are pulled.

Ofc you still can get pulled, but TE is still very unreliable, unlike the WL equivalent.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#9 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 am

Hello Rezdogg, pretty cool screens form Altdorf battles, nice to see a good old memories!
Btw, all peoples on forum, who still try convince everyone, that Altdorf was a empty farm spot check the evidence of epic fights on IC/ALT. ehh, shieet i need this battles back!!!

ReZDoGG

Post#10 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:08 am

Dajciekrwi wrote:Hello Rezdogg, pretty cool screens form Altdorf battles, nice to see a good old memories!
Btw, all peoples on forum, who still try convince everyone, that Altdorf was a empty farm spot check the evidence of epic fights on IC/ALT. ehh, shieet i need this battles back!!!

Yeah, I was stoked when I found these screenshots and checked them. I thought all my screens were long gone... Great times!