Recent Topics

Ads

Hello. Played Live. LOVE this!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
martholomew

Hello. Played Live. LOVE this!

Post#1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Good afternoon!

Glad to be here.

I'm a 42 year old (now casual) gamer from Georgia, USA, but I was buried deep into the WAR community and scene back in live, may the gods rest its soul.

I was a Grace hybrid heals/DPS WP as my main (I know, but in my defense, I was always in the top 4 DPS-wise in scenarios plus in the top 4 heals, no exaggeration or BS!) since my guild actually put up with me doing it (and since we had two other really amazing WP healers in our midst). So they let me continue. But now in hindsight, I am gonna main a Salvation WP and see what kind of trouble I can get into, while dabbling in a WL alt to appease my DPS needs.

I would love an active guild with more mature, yet able and skilled players. I beta tested WoW back in the day and am always in all the Friends and Family alphas for all the expansions. But WoW really has lost me with the current state of its impending expansion.

I have a few questions about WAR: RoR, however.

I saw you guys don't accept donations. You make your due from the website and I am happy to turn adblocks off for this site. If you could accept donations, I would also gladly throw some your way. Oh well.

So, in all seriousness, are there any thoughts on adding a new class or is that an undertaking that would be monumental? Like a Grey wizard or another wizard from one of the other winds of magic, like Life and Death for order/chaos respectively? (Maybe a druid/defiler??)

Do you routinely tweak the balance of some classes? I used to always avoid rDPS in the past as their survivability is just so awful in open RVR.

Do you add new quests or NPCs or make new items for us to buy?

Do our characters last forever or are there instances of you having to wipe the database clean?

I'm glad to be playing this game again, as I REALLY had a great time on Live despite the ratio of Chaos vs Order and being constantly overwhelmingly outnumbered.

Oh, also, I ran into a case of a guy almost dying in a public quest, so I helped him kill some of his enemies that were swarming him. After the combat was done, the guy turned on me and threatened to report me for killstealing and said it was a bannable offense and he was summoning a GM to take care of me. Dude seemed a little unstable. Was there merit to what he was saying?

Thanks!

Martholomew.
Magus 40/78

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Hello. Played Live. LOVE this!

Post#2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Welcome back! Forgive the short winded response;

No donations ever. Visit the forums daily, play as often as you want to and inviting friends to join you is the most beneficial and helpful course of action to support the project and keep it alive.

New classes while technically possible, have many hurdles and thousands of hours required from multiple people to make possible, and as such aren't on the immediate horizon. Short answer: maybe some day.

Class balancing is a constant work in progress with tweaks rolled out weekly.

New quests, events, dungeons and their associated items are rolled out ~roughly every couple months, typically dependent on the teams work load, current tasks assigned as all as personal motivations. We're also limited by how often were can gather active testers to run our new implementations, give us feedback, tweak the game and continue the loop until things are releasable (which often still have issues which need to be smoothed over post release.) If you want to help test, shoot me a message over in the RoR discord.

The last character wipe was 2+ years ago on characters which hadn't been logged into for several months. There have been none since and none are planned henceforth.

Population balance ebbs and flows, there is no clear cut numerically superior faction in this server.

The guy you interacted with was overreacting. Kill stealing is hard to prove or enforce. Just follow the general rule of not being an intentional troll to other players. If someone with a GM tag tells you to stop doing something, choose any other activity to spend your time on, don't argue and continue playing the game.

Again, welcome back and enjoy your stay.

Asuryan
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 am

Welcome to RoR martholomew.

kmark101

Post#4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:21 am

Order is the constant underdog, so glad you picked a WP. Healers also in superhigh demand, as you will see.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker