Recent Topics

Ads

New Ironbreaker *ADVICE*

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
HighJump

New Ironbreaker *ADVICE*

Post#1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:53 am

Hello WAR community. My name is Highump. I played WAR for a long time when it was live. Took a break for a while and when I decided to come back sadly servers had shut down. So glad you all have brought this back. The combat in this game is amazing, makes you feel like you are really on a battlefield. I have decided to roll a Ironbreaker, something about being front line in this game speaks to me. I know as tank you are supposed to support your allies with defensive buffs and be in good position to protect your team, any other advice the community has for playing Ironbreaker or tank in general would be much appreciated. I look forward to becoming part of the WAR community again. :D

Ads
DanielWinner

Re: New Ironbreaker *ADVICE*

Post#2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:09 am

Hello,

Welcome on board. Don’t forget to read this.

You can also visit our Wiki and find a lot of guides all around the forum.

For IB gameplay you should really see Volgo’s videos and guides.

Don’t forget to find a guild that will help you with leveling, gearing and grouping. WAR is a group-based game so make sure you have some friends to play with.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Eathisword

Post#3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Welcome to the server Young one !

If you have specific questions, you can pm me on the forum, here, or in game on Volgograd or Zenteaching.

Cheers.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

kmark101

Post#4 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Couple advices for fresh IBs:

- In pvp/scenarios play only shield + 1h setup, you will melt with 2h in crappy gear and low renown

- At level 10 you get Guard skill, always use it/switch it nonstop, put it to your most prominent button on your quickbar

- When you start to get renown points, spend them on Reflexes (parry %) and Deft Defender (dodge/disrupt %) first, those are your most important investments

- Parry helps you to mitigate the damage you receive from guarding someone, so keep it as high as possible

- When you begin a scenario, always put your guard on a melee dps (slayer/WL as first priority) then later switch guard to healers when they are under pressure

- In PvE play whatever setup you want, you will be ok with anything

- Always put appropriate level talismans into your gear, it will help your bolster in pvp/scenarios

- Use potions in pvp/scenarios when you can afford them (lowlevel pots are really cheap), as an IB use Toughness potion and Armor or Resist Spirit potion

- Your skill 'Stubborn as Stone' provides you huge corporeal resist AND +50% autoattack speed, keep it up 24/7

- Join the Bitterstone Thunderers if you want to belong to a dwarf_only guild :)

Good luck!
Gryyw - Ironbreaker