Recent Topics

Ads

A little confused on leveling in RoR

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
timetopat

A little confused on leveling in RoR

Post#1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Hello,

Im downloading the RoR client right now and I had a question of leveling. When I used to play Age of Reckoning I would level mainly in pvp lakes and sometimes in do quests. Are the pvp lakes still a way to level? From some guides it looked like go for quests. Also i was a little confused about how t2-t4 work. can anyone above level 16 participate and it just uplevels you or did I misundestand how it was said? It sounded like this was added to keep the tiers alive but I could be 100 percent wrong. I vaguely remember it being level capped for each one on Age of Reckoning.

Thank you,

Ads
Grock

Re: A little confused on leveling in RoR

Post#2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Yes if you enter RvR or SC as lvl16 you get Bolster buff. Scenarios are restricted to 16-30 levels.

RvR/SCs are enough to level up, especially SCs, you don't need to do any PvE if you don't want, but if you play during off hours when there are less people online then maybe doing some PvE and questing can be more effective.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

timetopat

Post#3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm Yes if you enter RvR or SC as lvl16 you get Bolster buff. Scenarios are restricted to 16-30 levels.

RvR/SCs are enough to level up, especially SCs, you don't need to do any PvE if you don't want, but if you play during off hours when there are less people online then maybe doing some PvE and questing can be more effective.
I think I see. Is the bolster an automatic process or do I need to do anything to invoke it? What are considered off hours for the game? I live on the East coast of the US but I see right now there are a lot of people on so Im not 100 percent sure when prime time is.

Grock

Post#4 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm not familiar with NA timezones but EU prime time is like right now, around 8PM Altdorf time (GMT+1)
Bolster is applied automatically whenever you enter RvR zone or a Scenario, for levels 16-30 you get Bolstered to lvl48 in RvR and i think lvl30 in scenarios (SCs are split in 3 tiers - 1-15, 16-30, 31-40)

NA prime time (as far as i can tell) is about 6-7 hours from now

timetopat

Post#5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm I'm not familiar with NA timezones but EU prime time is like right now, around 8PM Altdorf time (GMT+1)
Bolster is applied automatically whenever you enter RvR zone or a Scenario, for levels 16-30 you get Bolstered to lvl48 in RvR and i think lvl30 in scenarios (SCs are split in 3 tiers - 1-15, 16-30, 31-40)

Great, thanks for the information. It turns out the torrent client was way quicker than the installer. Ill try to create my character in about 6 hours (magnus or engineer)

Grock

Post#6 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 pm

timetopat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:42 pm
Grock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm I'm not familiar with NA timezones but EU prime time is like right now, around 8PM Altdorf time (GMT+1)

Great, thanks for the information. It turns out the torrent client was way quicker than the installer. Ill try to create my character in about 6 hours (magnus or engineer)
Oh i should've said it - there are less players during NA prime time, the server is most active during EU time :)

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:13 am

Make sure your gear is as close to your level as possible in order to benefit from the bolster most effectively. Most new players have a tough time not because their base stats and lack of abilities, but because of a lack of understanding of their archetypes main functions, positioning and necessity to work in a team.