Recent Topics

Ads

The Blizz new low. Hello Reckoning.

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
amaskedmurderer

The Blizz new low. Hello Reckoning.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 am

TLDR: I was locked out of content for doing the quests said content provided. GM told me to get over it and that they could do nothing about it. If you don't power level you get punished.

Hello everyone.

Don't take my username too seriously. I happen to have the same name as a popular horror slasher star and I like to have a little fun with it. I think we all can say we have somewhat of a history with Blizzard and Wow. If you are not aware, the latest patch in World of Warcraft added new races. Kul tiran and Zandalari This brought a flood of newly created characters grinding in Dungeon Finder kicking anyone who didn't speed run the dungeon and go straight to the end as soon as possible. I was kicked 3-4 times and locked out simply for trying to do the instance quests. The week before I was spawn camped at a flight master by one person using 3rd party software to control 9 balance druids at once. I was told it was "legal" because the player owns 9 subscriptions.

The GMs pretty much told me too bad, get over it. Also adding a :( at the end of each paragraph. That was the last straw. I don't pay a subscription only to get sidelined for playing as the devs intended, meanwhile the ones ruining the experience of others get no consequences. I deleted all my characters and solidified the end to my Blizzard experience ov over a decade. I played Wow to tune out and reset in between my sculpting sessions. Some people watch TV, some people read books, I level up new characters. It's just something I like to do. I find it therapeutic to an extent.

I recall someone telling me about Return of Reckoning a while back. I played at launch and had a blast while retail lasted. So here I am, ready to dive back into this amazing looking game.

Ads
Urdeg

Re: The Blizz new low. Hello Reckoning.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Go read the rules before you start playing. The GM's here will give you a couple warnings bit arguing against them does you no good whatsoever and its wise to go read the server rules now rather than have your characters wiped for a stupid character name.

Welcome to the server!
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

amaskedmurderer

Post#3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm

I usually keep to myself and use the same name formula but Ill have to make a good read of them all. I've just gone over some of the general and UI interface sections. I'm mainly fearful of posting in the wrong thread and getting backlash from the server vets/mods.

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Welcome, you’re in the right place. Your name might suit a Witch Elf wearing one of the Halloween event masks, kind of fits the Dark Elf asthetic.

Or if you feel like rolling a character on the cool side, role a Dwarf Ironbreaker or Imperial Knight, both are solid tank classes that are much needed on Order.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Flavorburst

Post#5 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Not sure why you felt the need to regale us with the story of how you threw a tantrum in WoW and quit.

You might want to rethink how you introduce yourself to other people.

Detangler

Post#6 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm Not sure why you felt the need to regale us with the story of how you threw a tantrum in WoW and quit.

Great way to be welcoming and friendly to new players, dude....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Rydiak

Post#7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm Not sure why you felt the need to regale us with the story of how you threw a tantrum in WoW and quit.

Or, a "Hi, welcome to our community!" would have sufficed.

Welcome, amaskedmurderer, to Return of Reckoning.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Welcome. Blizzard arent Blizzard anymore. They are just another money ***** division of Activision.

Ads