Recent Topics

Ads

New player!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ventus358

New player!

Post#1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:21 am

Hello all! I am really excited to play this game. I always wanted to play and have always loved the styling of this game. I bought it way back at launch (before i understood computers really) and i couldnt run it on my potato of a computer, so i never actually got to play. By the time I had gotten my hands on a gaming pc the game was shut down. So now, here I am, years later and just so excited to be joining this community. I am curious though, do the servers shut down over night? I just got everything set up, played for about 15 minutes, then the server dropped.

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Re: New player!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:27 am

This happens frequently unplanned due to a zone not locking, rams being bugged and various other glitches as it is in alpha it is to be expected the only time a planned shutdown occurs is on patch day. You may well have coincided with that with the addition of the bastion stair dungeon. It is on about 99 percent of the time so i wouldnt worry too much. As a new player get yourself into a guild a lot of veterans around only too happy to help you out.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:28 am

This happens frequently unplanned due to a zone not locking, rams being bugged and various other glitches as it is in alpha it is to be expected the only time a planned shutdown occurs is on patch day. You may well have coincided with that with the addition of the bastion stair dungeon. It is on about 99 percent of the time so i wouldnt worry too much. As a new player get yourself into a guild a lot of veterans around only too happy to help you out.

ventus358

Post#4 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:33 am

Oh okay that is great to hear! I will absolutely get myself into a guild ASAP. Thank you for the quick reply. As a new player should i even worry about builds and min max? Or should i just pick a role that sounds interesting and play that.

mielgato

Post#5 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 am

If you plan on playing order side, you can visit here, should give you a general idea, you can also find some good general knowledge about the game even if you don't intend to play Order ;)

worry about min-maxing when you reach 40, and spend some time in T1 try different classes, have a feeling of each :)

ariusblade

Post#6 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:26 am

Welcome, you'll really love this game ;)