Recent Topics

Ads

New Player - Is this game for me?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
KarmaLegend

New Player - Is this game for me?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:07 pm

I played the original "Warhammer Online 40k" where there was an aspect of killing animals, and doing alchemy and the like. I'm not really into PvP, because I SUCK. Is this game fun to play without the PvP aspect?

~Karma

Ads
marisco

Re: New Player - Is this game for me?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm sorry, but no. PVP is like 80% of this game. The devs have done a brilliant work of releasing PVE dungeons and putting a progression system in place, but the bread and butter will always be pvp. People only do pve so that they can gear up and go back to pvp.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:38 pm

This game is 100% for you: Forts and the Dungeons will provide you with a great PvE experience, and there is no real need to do anything other than WB (which is pretty easy PvP, for the most part) and Dungeons atm, so you'll be fine.

Warfare80

Post#4 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 pm

You can put endless hours into PvE and gear up,but in the end you need to do PvP aswell.
The core in the game is PvP, but you do not have to be a Rambo to be sucessfull in PvP because "bad" players can hide in the zerg and still get progress (and personal skill)

I think you should try it out,give it a few months. Its worth it :D
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

adamthelc

Post#5 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 pm

If you dont PvP, the game will be lacking. But being bad at PvP shouldnt stop you from doing it. Lots of people suck and you can always get better.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:09 pm

I know people say tanking is hard, but, if you can simply guard an MDPS and stick to his side you will be doing great at PvP. Defensive spec IB is especially good at this.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.