Recent Topics

Ads

Hello

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
joshel11

Hello

Post#1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:57 am

Hi,

My name is Josh. Haven't decided on an IGN yet since servers are currently down. New to warhammer. Never played but looked at the concept and some gameplay on youtube. Looking to find something to play while I wait for Camelot Unchained.

Looking to probably play for Destro but I guess I should really be asking if this game is friendly to noobies or if there is a guild or anything that is looking to take in a casual like myself. My schedule to play is kind of all over the place but would appreciate a friend or two who isn't too busy give me a few tips.

Watched a couple of videos of some guy on youtube but the info is about 3 years old now. Hoping to have a fun experience and make a couple of friends here.

Ads
Infinty

Re: Hello

Post#2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 am

Hello Josh and welcome.

The community is fairly friendly. Not GW2 friendly, but fairly good, considering it's an F2P game.
I play Order only, but I hear Destruction is a the friendlier faction.
We are still plenty of friendly people on Order side, though, so feel free to join us.

joshel11

Post#3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:24 am

Thanks Infinty, I might just be trying both and seeing what happens. Was looking at charactrrs though and thought chosen looled nice. Tanky with group auras sounds cool.

As a new player I just wanted to ask but this game is completely viable if I only want to pvp right?

Stophy22

Post#4 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:32 am

very viable if you only want to pvp :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

uanaka

Post#5 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:33 am

Hey Josh! Welcome to the game, glad to have you here. I was also a new player, but I started back in January. Chosen are definitely a great class and they are popular due to that aesthetic look.

And to answer your question, you absolutely can level through PVP only! I will say that there are some PVE dungeons that currently drop some really good gear, but those are more spec specific. You can still get some of the best gear solely through PVP.

Udachi

Post#6 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:34 am

joshel11 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:24 am As a new player I just wanted to ask but this game is completely viable if I only want to pvp right?
Yes, you can start pvping from level 1, go into rvr zone and join any open warband. Or you can queue up for scenarios. Most classes can acquire best in slot gear exclusively through pvp.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

Infinty

Post#7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 am

Oh, this game is mainly PvP or oRvR (open Realm versus Realm). If you're not into PvP Warhammer Online is probably not for you. The PvE is nice however, if you're into Warhammer lore (and fantasy lore in general, I suppose), but it probably won't keep you hanging around for long. The PvP is where it's at.

Each faction has unique classes, so I can recommend shopping around. Not that I am a big fan of cross-realming, myself, but it's what the kids do, so hey...
I can't comment on Chosen, as I've never played one. The ones I have met seemed plenty capable of holding their own, so that might be fun. Perhaps other people can give you advice in that field. If you need Order class advice, though, just ask (I haven't played Destruction since Live).

Besides that:
Make a character and jump right into Nordland for the action!

joshel11

Post#8 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 am

So I got to play a bit. Even got a dose of the T1 RVR. It was fun. However there was another T1 area that was open but when I talked with the flight transportation guy I couldnt go there only in the "chosen vs empire maps" and I think the realm thay was open was dwarves vs greenskins. I know there has to be a way to transport over there I just dont know how.

Also I have heard of "scenarios" from guides and youtube videos but didnt see where to find that in the HUD.

Appreciate all your help. Fun game so far. Still figuring it out. Started my professions as well. Or well "learned them".

Ads
Infinty

Post#9 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 am

Hello Josh

I'm glad you found it enjoyable so far.

There are three T1 oRvR pairings: Humans vs. Chaos, Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, and Elves vs. Dark Elves. The one you were in was the first one, I assume: Nordland/Norsca.
The other "lakes" (oRvR areas) can indeed be reached via the flight master. You have to switch pairing/area on the upper right side of the map that opens, when you talk to him.
Be sure to fly to the correct camp of the two available or you might end up on the wrong side of the fighting area, far from the action. Ask your compatriots which is the right one.

Don't be shy to ask in /advice, if you have trivial questions. The interface is not the easiest to navigate, but most things have an option or solution, if you know where to look.
If your question gets buried in an active /advice chat, just ask again. People normally keep an eye on /advice, so you'll get an answer most likely.
A few other channels that are useful as a T1 player are:
/1 - region chat, reserved for PvE chat
/2 - region chat, reserved for oRvR chat, can only be heard by players in the oRvR region of your current map
/t1 - cross-region chat, normally used for oRvR chat, can be heard be everyone of T1 rank (1-15)

Scenarios can be accessed via a little red button somewhere on your mini-map. They're like battlegrounds in WoW: you'll be transported instantly to a given scenario and grouped with other joiners and returned to your previous location, when it ends.

Anyways good luck and just ask, if you need a bit of advice. See you on the battlefield, as friend or foe :)

SmackdownNinja

Post#10 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 am

Hey man welcome! If you enjoyed DAOC then you should like Warhammer online as well. I mainly pvp in mmos, so I always liked how this game focused on pvp more than pve. So gearing up through pvp is very viable. There are a lot of cool people that would show ya the ropes, you just gotta ask them in game. There are also pug wbs that you can join in the tab menu and tag around with them to get a base feeling of the game.

Chosen is a very good beginner class for a tank. However, as a tank you will have more responsibility then say a dps. Your main focus would be to HTL (Hold the line) and too guard switch/punt in wbs. So as a tank you will be mainly support, and not doing much damage. However tank play can be incredibly fun once you understand the mechanics and get to guard a competent dps.

Hope this makes it easier decide if you want to dedicate some time to it or not. It is a very fun game once you get everything rolling!
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82