Recent Topics

Ads

Hello

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mersi

Hello

Post#1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:44 am

Hello, I played the original game up to about a year before its shutdown. My character's name was Jayan and he was a Warrior Priest but for the life of me I do not remember what server I played on. I played for free for a good long while and even considered starting a guild that would function as a "Knights Hospitaller" order to help the new players get through the quests in that first area. I was a level 10 for months before I finally upgraded and went to the next realm.

For the most part I avoided PVP, but around Tier 2-3 I started actually trying and even gained managed to convince a second fully formed Warband to follow mine around for a brief little bit. Although the enemy had seen what we were planning and fled before we could attack it, we did still technically nab a castle from them before the timer in the Human area ran out.

I mostly did PVE to level up, mostly because I enjoyed the story lines but looking back I honestly forgot to read a good portion of them. When if finally came time that I finished the quests for the Empire, I realized that it was time to either A, continue questing on the other realms (such as working for the Dwarves and the like) or to B, pony up and start fighting against actual players. I tried the PVE route for a while, but got sick and bored of just one-shotting my way up to and through whatever final boss happened to cross my way and so I got my "start" with seriously doing PVP well into having already made it to level 40 and thus having equipment nowhere near suitable for fighting people that had long since studied how to kill me.

This time around, as soon as PVP is available, it will be me sole intent to get as much practice as I can with that and then go back to complete the stories because despite the madness of it, I sincerely loved working with other people that were actively trying to keep me from dying to other people. In that regard, it probably did not help that I was a DPS Warrior Priest ACTING LIKE A TANK AND ABSOLUTELY REFUSING TO EQUIP, NEVER MIND USE ANYTHING THAT WOULD HELP ME ESCAPE OR OTHERWISE TAKE THE AGGRO OFF OF ME WITH AN ATTITUDE THAT CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS SICKENED ABHORRENCE.

So yeah. That's pretty much what my career was in the original and what my new plans for this game will be.

I will still probably end up making another Warrior Priest and playing him as a tank though. That part won't change :)

Ads
Ilthay

Re: Hello

Post#2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Nice, although I hate to see a warrior priest, it's better than an AM!

Mersi

Post#3 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 am

Yeah, I played a bit and saw just how many WPs there are in the game. I'm probably going to make an /actual/ tank instead.

WPs may be the neatest classes to exist in any MMO, but they are utterly useless unless supported by something otherthan a WP

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:20 am

Try SnB tank WP.
You'll love it
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)