Recent Topics

Ads

A game for old players or new ones too?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vilhelmina

Re: A game for old players or new ones too?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 am

If you love the Old World of Warhammer then you should love this game. I play EVERY class and I love EVERY class. They are old school cool.
Yes, newer MMOs are slicker, but I enjoy levelling up every class and love the growth they go through.

Pick your favourite class that you love from the Warhammer Old World, don't listen to others about what is the über #1, bestest, noob-killing, class.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:17 pm

When you keep questing in pve zones, you'll find it empty, yes. If you want to pvp, which is totally fine for leveling your char, you will have a lot people around you to fight with are against.
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Large-scale pvp.

T1 rvr Nordland is very good, and probably what made me play this longer. The devs need to tweak the objectives on the other maps to make it as playable. If you find ROR empty it is probably a combination of non-Nordland rvr and also the pve, which is okay if you can get parties set up. You can make open parties btw.

Detangler

Post#4 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm

PvE is usually a dead zone unless you are spamming /5 to try and recruit others.

T1 (levels 1 to 15) can be pretty zergy and does not really represent end game pvp battles and their real potential.

End game PvP can be a lot of fun if you get into some organized warbands with good leaders, or small scale ganking while avoiding the main zeros. It can also be fun to turn your brain off and get into the massive battles on EU primetime when server numbers are at their highest.

Give it time. It's fun, but no one can tell you whether you like it or not until you get one character at rank 40 at least.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Akalukz

Post#5 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

If pve is your thing, then probably not much here for ya honestly. If PVP is your main thing, then there can be quite a bit of fun to be had. Maybe not 30+ hours a week, but a few hours here and there can be a ton of fun. A lot will also depend on your playtimes, as stated EU primetime is the best.
-= Agony =-

Detangler

Post#6 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:09 pm

I actually prefer off hours the majority of the time. More opportunities for small scale fighting and ganking with AAO bonuses if your side has less people.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable