Recent Topics

Ads

New"ish" person. Thinking to try this out again.

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Warlordqueek

New"ish" person. Thinking to try this out again.

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:22 am

Hello all,

I played WAR when Mythic ran it. I still have my like lettermans jacket, collectors edition and fancy mug they gave me. Was also part of the software/game testers. Could see my name on the list.

I have been out of the loop for many Winters and looking for some possible class choice advice. I always liked the SH personally but enjoyed how survivable a DoK was in PvP. I'm much more of a destruction side person. I'm just curious to of factions are fairly balanced an a NA server (if there is one)? And how balanced SH and DoK are? If they are like top tier/broken it will make them less interesting for me.

Thank you for your time,
~WarlordQueek

Ads
classyshade

Re: New"ish" person. Thinking to try this out again.

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Hey I'm new to, I never played the original game. But the faction balance is posted on the home page its
47% order and 53% destruction. So pretty close

Kaozium

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm

I asked myself the same when I came back recently, about faction balance. Honestly, the balance is not bad enough for you to play a faction you don't like. lil more order on EU, lil more destro on NA, but you will still get outnumbered by order during NA peak sometimes. + the influx of new player might move the balance.

From what I've gather by talking to hardcore veterans, SH is broken in melee spec, useless in ranged spec (unless you like to solo harass people), and DoK is solid all around. But don't take my word for it, the class forums are full of posts about builds and viability.

Wam

Post#4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Warlordqueek wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:22 am Hello all,

I played WAR when Mythic ran it. I still have my like lettermans jacket, collectors edition and fancy mug they gave me. Was also part of the software/game testers. Could see my name on the list.

I have been out of the loop for many Winters and looking for some possible class choice advice. I always liked the SH personally but enjoyed how survivable a DoK was in PvP. I'm much more of a destruction side person. I'm just curious to of factions are fairly balanced an a NA server (if there is one)? And how balanced SH and DoK are? If they are like top tier/broken it will make them less interesting for me.

Thank you for your time,
~WarlordQueek
dps dok? heal dok?

what kind of enviroment? large scale? small scale roaming? scs?

SH is very good ganker and solo roam class if you know what you are doing... even in traditional ranged build... know which fights to pick and which to avoid... i.e some classes you can destroy fast and others will be too much hassle and risk for your time...

Dok is surviable but depends on the factors are you against a warband? or proper premade? are you alone? do you have aoe detaunt? Dok's pretty good in sc's... in large scale dok's weakness is movement and getting caught and healing on the move... but its a pretty solid class

NA use to be very bad population and big differences as destro was zerging hard with forts... pre sovereign gear release and cities... now its a bit more back and forth and varies. NA should be more roam friendly compared to EU primetime.

Download state of realm(zone status / numbers add on), check out the side zones, embrace the AAO and gank away = profit.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]