Recent Topics

Ads

Played live WAR and DAOC, checking in

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bulwyf

Played live WAR and DAOC, checking in

Post#1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:47 pm

I played Warhammer Online from start to finish and with the server merges I can't for the life of me remember what the final server was called. I played both sides and had a blast playing the live game. I was on DAOC from start to end of my original server Tristan on Midgard as a complete underdog with the 2nd largest population imbalance on old Daoc.

My wife and I played both and are checking in on this game. I have lost touch with my former guidies in live WAR. I was in Dragons of Eternity on Order at the end and my Destro guild kinda quit when the game closure was announced. We'd like to play with old friends if possible and if not we're looking to make new friends.

I really appreciate the work the devs have done in keeping this great game alive. I am a huge Warhammer fantasy fan going to back 1986 and this was my favorite MMO as a result. Hope to see you guys and gals in game!

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Played live WAR and DAOC, checking in

Post#2 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:51 am

You ended up on Badlands server probably. Welcome home. There's a handful of distiguished gentlemen hanging around here from the big guilds back in the day.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bulwyf

Re: Played live WAR and DAOC, checking in

Post#3 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 pm

You could very well be correct. I also remember Volkmar as a server I was on as well previously.

Regardless, thank you for the welcome. My wife and I played last night and had a blast. I had forgotten just how much I missed this game. I know for legal reasons we can't donate or patreon to help on server costs but I wish I could.