Recent Topics

Ads

Started off on the wrong foot

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Elymas

Re: Started off on the wrong foot

Post#11 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:37 pm

sharpblader wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:25 am
Spoiler:
Elymas wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:35 pm Hello. I'm new here in the forums, although I'm not new to the game. I've played plenty of Warhammer Online back in the day and also been following Return of Reckoning very much from the start of this project. I was initially introduced to the Warhammer Fantasy World through some of my middle school friends, who were collecting the Games Workshop miniatures. I wanted to begin the hobby as well, but for some reason I never got started. However, I was already into the lore when Warhammer Online was announced by Mythic back in 2005. All of those game development videos and production podcasts really made me want to play Age of Reckoning, but this wasn't before 2011.

I finally got my hands on Warhammer Online with my big brother, with whom I also used to share an account at the time 1.4. was out. The reason for sharing an account was the fact that we only had one gaming computer in my brother's room, which he used to dictate. We would also save money by paying only one subscription fee. I remember loving the game so much and having fun with my brother, although we couldn't really play together but only one at a time. It was the first real MMO experience I have ever had.

However, little did we know about the flaws and decay Warhammer Online was in at the time. Soon this became pretty obvious, when servers were cut down and they were clearly low on population. In spite of its many problems, we enjoyed the game mainly because of its dark and grim Warhammer Fantasy Lore feel to it.

We played until the shutdown of WAR and after that it wasn't long until Return of Reckoning came about. Initially we got excited about the news of the resurrection, but that was only until we got to play the actual game on the Private Server. Again my brother was the one to create an account. He seemed more excited about Return of Reckoning than I was. Unlike my brother, I didn’t want to play such a buggy game anymore that had been so severely stripped from its former "glory".

Time and time again, however, I have always come back to follow the community news and seen my brother still trying out RoR. Something in the game just draws me every time and it has made a lasting impact on me. Recently, I came back again and witnessed all the marvelous updates and numerous bug fixes the developers have done for the game. The game seems to do pretty darn well even compared to other MMO's out there that haven't been shutdown.

Thus, I finally created my own account for Return of Reckoning yesterday. However, here's were things got off on the wrong foot. I began by posting in the Suggestions & Feedback section, because I'm a creative type of person that loves making ideas and sharing them. To my dismay, however, people immediately thought I was either a troll or had created an alternative account, because it was my first post with a zero days old account.

Truth is I didn't even know that the account you create for the game is also the account you create for the forums. So I was initially a little confused about the reactions, until I realized what the issue really was. So my sincere apologies, it was a failure on my part and a big misunderstanding. Anyhow, let's keep this awesome community growing and hope to see you on the battlefields.

So, long story short: WAAAAGH!!!
Welcome back to the WAAAAAGH!

Don't worry about the flamers. Some people can get too entitled with their account age. Can't blame them really. What they say does happen sometimes.
Thanks a lot! I kinda broke an unwritten rule without knowing it. But it's all fine now and I'm glad we are past that. Looking forward to more WAAAAGHS!!!

Ads