Recent Topics

Ads

Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
perche

Re: Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Post#31 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:09 pm

also can help a server client XD
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Ads
Londo

Post#32 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Robin Atkin Downes did most of gobbo work. You can see on youtube.

Luth

Post#33 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Kragg wrote:Karaz-a-Karak should replace altdorf imo ;)
+10

MattWaaghtring

Post#34 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:24 pm

My first session was actually the gobbo placeholder stuff. I had been working at Mythic for a couple of weeks, passed Paul Barnett in the hallway (I knew who he was but he didn't know me) and he says "Wait... can you do a voice for me? I'm looking for a goblin voice. He's, like, scared of his master, who just might eat him, and he's wanting answers from his goblin. Can you do that?"

And so I did this sorta-Gollum kinda voice for him, and he says "Come wif me", and he just ushered me down to the sound-guy's office for my first session doing placeholder VO stuff. :) Just about once a week or so there-after... for 3 years... I would get a call from one of the sound guys asking if I had a few minutes to spare for some VO stuff. It was a great break from fixing buggy game scripts!

I DM a D&D 5e group now (just started last year playing D&D) and I really love having a different voice for each NPC in my games :)

Kacia

Post#35 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Love it. Welcome to RoR we are all here for the love of war. Things are still buggy and things don't work right. Sometimes your stuff disappears at random... but this was my favorite mmo of all time and I'm glad it's here. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as the rest of us!
Kacia DoK rank 26 rr 33
Keahi BW rank 23 rr 20

mirrorblade

Post#36 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Hello and welcome!

Thanks for the work you did on Live for this game, it's still my all time favorite. Glad you get to see your work alive again, that's got to feel good.
Chaos zones awesome!

I have 2 big questions:

1. This projects biggest problem the LOSH, have any idea how can working and can help our developers?

2.Lot of nice unfinished zones/places in the game client. Why not add to the core game, just unfinished or has some technical,programming bugs( fall in to the texture?)
If our developers implement new zones, maybe can we fight there?

+1 What were you used to create a character, wich model creator?(Maya,3Dmax or other?)

Welcome back to War!

Mez

Post#37 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 am

Real question.....

What were some of your favorite easter eggs. Were there any players did not find? Like the Portal in Inevitable that transported you to Cotswald (Dark Age of Camelot) or the Aristocrats joke punchline in the altdorf dogs end tavern. (If you stand in the tavern and listen to backround audio, eventually you hear someone say, "And I call it, The Aristocrats!"
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Minerva

Post#38 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:01 am

MattWaaghtring wrote:I was personally congratulated by Mark Jacobs for this bit of nonsense on one snowy day in Fairfax, Virginia. I had no idea people were watching me, and I returned inside as the "Office hero" for about 5 minutes. http://signsofwar.blogspot.com/2009/02/ ... ber-4.html
Pretty badass photo right there. And the Chaos Sign, daaaamn, on point :D
Welcome back, were all happy to have you!
"Behind every successful Man there is a Woman
Healing his a** from the backlines." - Paulo Coelho

Minevra AM -- Minervae RP -- Minervas WL
Some Secret Destro Toons
Tyriss WH -- rr90 -- Karak-Norn RIP

Ads
lilsabin

Post#39 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:03 am

so , i suppose you are gona be joining the ror dev team ? :)

JustInsTime

Post#40 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:23 am

Welcome nice to see you get to relive somthing you I'm sure work hard on and thought you may never see again!!!