Recent Topics

Ads

Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mirrorblade

Re: Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Post#61 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:19 pm

yes but no in rvr, keep figths will better, more fun if players can use players catapult:)

Ads
Mez

Post#62 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Actually I have the best question, left over from many years of wonder.

What realm and what server did Mark Jacobs play on? It was always rumored Phoenix Throne, and always rumored a witch hunter. Spill the beans.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

zabis

Post#63 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:30 pm

What server and class did the baseball pitcher Curt Schilling play? Were there other known celebrities to play Warhammer?
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Mez

Post#64 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Mila Kunis played wow, thats all you need to know.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

zabis

Post#65 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Mila Kunis married Macaulay Culkin /puke
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

MattWaaghtring

Post#66 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Concerning player-catapults... like someone said already, there was one of those in the early Greenskin content I think.

Concerning Mark Jacob's server of choice or Curt Schilling's servers? I don't know/recall. Heh, I don't even remember the name of the server I played on! lol

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#67 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:45 pm

just give the sourcecode already!!!!

;)
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

RyanMakara

Post#68 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 pm

MattWaaghtring wrote:Concerning player-catapults... like someone said already, there was one of those in the early Greenskin content I think.
There were two in Gates of Ekrund; on the opposite side of Destruction's staging ground. Was the best way to enter a fight on the middle flag as an Orc; fly in with your choppa blazing and seeing the healers go "WTF WHERE'D HE COME FROM?! WE'RE ****!"

Also there there three catapults in the Greenskin starting area, to get atop of the Dwarven floodgate. Best shortcut to the trophy quest there.
MattWaaghtring wrote:Concerning Mark Jacob's server of choice or Curt Schilling's servers? I don't know/recall. Heh, I don't even remember the name of the server I played on! lol
That's what happens when you release an MMO with 80 different servers that'd eventually die out and fade into oblivion, sadly >.<
I do like how all server names were related to actual lore places in the Warhammer universe; was always questioning how self-aware Greenskins would be, playing on the Karak Eight Peaks server in the Karak Eight Peaks capital if it made to live.

Ads
MattWaaghtring

Post#69 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Hatered wrote:Hey Matt, glad to see you there

Please, can you explain: was it intended that (most of) Order classes are much more stronger than their Destro mirrors if we are talking about "1vs1" duels?
Of course not. Like any other 2-sided (good guys vs. bad guys) MMO, the idea is to make things equal but different. WAR was rather complex in that there wasn't good Paladin and bad Paladin, but rather good guy tanks and bad guy tanks which had slightly different abilities with different names. We, as devs, are happiest when there is an even WAR on all servers, showing an equal amount of players interested in either side, and an equal amount of power granted to either side. Things really start to stagnate and become un-fun when one side is always dominating the other side. It's why Dark Age of Camelot did so well: 3-sided war. Too bad the higher-ups at Mythic didn't fight to replicate that same self-balancing system. In my opinion, that was one of the biggest mistakes with WAR.

Kirk

Post#70 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:14 pm

MattWaaghtring wrote:
Portni wrote:Heya. I want to ask you about the Frostshard Prison in Praag. Was it something more than just a cave with randomly spawning bosses? Was it possible to make the big frozen demon in the center to spawn? And what it was supposed to be if it was halfdone on live?
I don't recall, unfortunately. I got a little jadded about things and stopped playing the game shortly after being laid off. (I'm proud to be in round 5 of the lay-offs! ...I got pretty far :) )
I think we're all jaded about the lay-offs. Ofc not as directly as the actual guys, but we felt the ramifications :(
I still think WAR would be big and alive and well today if they had kept on developing.
Some truly unique work that was done.