Recent Topics

Ads

Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Portni

Re: Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Post#41 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:34 am

Heya. I want to ask you about the Frostshard Prison in Praag. Was it something more than just a cave with randomly spawning bosses? Was it possible to make the big frozen demon in the center to spawn? And what it was supposed to be if it was halfdone on live?

Ads
Vilhelmina

Post#42 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 am

Mez wrote:..... or the Aristocrats joke punchline in the altdorf dogs end tavern. (If you stand in the tavern and listen to backround audio, eventually you hear someone say, "And I call it, The Aristocrats!"
Oh now I've gotta go to that tavern and listen out for that. :lol:

Koradrell

Post#43 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:38 am

Maybe you know other Mythic devs that worked in WAR that would like to share info with the dev team ... you know, without doing much noise :P

devath

Post#44 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Koradrell wrote:Maybe you know other Mythic devs that worked in WAR that would like to share info with the dev team ... you know, without doing much noise :P
I dont think Mythic/EA/Games Workshop care what devs are doing here, would be another thing if they charged money from product they did.

Same reason why all the WoW private servers are running without Blizzard interfering. It's kind of like mods for other games, those are just free advertising for your other products.

Mez

Post#45 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Or a place to keep us in the genre, while they develop new stuff to draw us away. This is one of EA's business models.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Mez

Post#46 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Vilhelmina wrote:
Mez wrote:..... or the Aristocrats joke punchline in the altdorf dogs end tavern. (If you stand in the tavern and listen to backround audio, eventually you hear someone say, "And I call it, The Aristocrats!"
Oh now I've gotta go to that tavern and listen out for that. :lol:
I haven't checked if it's in the audio in RoR, but I'll double check and let you know. Maybe save you a trip.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

MattWaaghtring

Post#47 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:53 pm

mirrorblade wrote:Hello and welcome!

Thanks for the work you did on Live for this game, it's still my all time favorite. Glad you get to see your work alive again, that's got to feel good.
Chaos zones awesome!

I have 2 big questions:

1. This projects biggest problem the LOSH, have any idea how can working and can help our developers?

2.Lot of nice unfinished zones/places in the game client. Why not add to the core game, just unfinished or has some technical,programming bugs( fall in to the texture?)
If our developers implement new zones, maybe can we fight there?

+1 What were you used to create a character, wich model creator?(Maya,3Dmax or other?)

Welcome back to War!
1: I don't know what LOSH is (I even googled it!). Sorry.
2: As any living, breathing MMO, there was always content being developed for future release and always content that was partially added and did not need to be removed from the final, publicly-played game (especially if there was hope to fix it later when further functionality was released or further art). Any online game is like this: there's always unfinished work in the current version of every game, as long as there's a plan to continue to bug-fix and add content to the game (like we did with WAR).
+1: I don't know what art software the art dept. used for characters, but I've got an IM out to one of the former artists asking just that. I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

MattWaaghtring

Post#48 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Portni wrote:Heya. I want to ask you about the Frostshard Prison in Praag. Was it something more than just a cave with randomly spawning bosses? Was it possible to make the big frozen demon in the center to spawn? And what it was supposed to be if it was halfdone on live?
I don't recall, unfortunately. I got a little jadded about things and stopped playing the game shortly after being laid off. (I'm proud to be in round 5 of the lay-offs! ...I got pretty far :) )

Ads
zabis

Post#49 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:57 pm

LOSH = Lack Of Sophisticated Herpes
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

MattWaaghtring

Post#50 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Mez wrote:Real question.....

What were some of your favorite easter eggs. Were there any players did not find? Like the Portal in Inevitable that transported you to Cotswald (Dark Age of Camelot) or the Aristocrats joke punchline in the altdorf dogs end tavern. (If you stand in the tavern and listen to backround audio, eventually you hear someone say, "And I call it, The Aristocrats!"
The first one that comes to mind is the easter egg I put into the game: My brother. This is the 2nd time I've put him into a game. The first time it was Edgar Vautrine in Oblivion http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Edgar_Vautrine. In WAR he was Agder Rotwing, a shrivled-up, cowering body hunched down at the end of Dread Way (Look under the unlock called The Journey's End http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/T ... y_%26_Lore). Agder Rotwing is an anagram of my brother's first and last name. ;)