Recent Topics

Ads

Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mez

Re: Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Post#51 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 pm

21,000 by 42,000

Yeah, your brother is toast. Poor guy.

Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Abolition

Post#52 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Eh, looks like a pretty chill guy to me.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Aquilon

Post#53 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:03 pm

MattWaaghtring wrote:Hey! I'm a former developer for WAR...
Hello! And welcome! :)

Can you enlighten me, please, considering Game Industry's policy on product being developed - all the work is done strictly in an office or it's possible to grab some stuff to work remotely, if you're not an outsourcer?
Means determine end.

Mez

Post#54 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Vilhelmina wrote:
Mez wrote:..... or the Aristocrats joke punchline in the altdorf dogs end tavern. (If you stand in the tavern and listen to backround audio, eventually you hear someone say, "And I call it, The Aristocrats!"
Oh now I've gotta go to that tavern and listen out for that. :lol:
Dropped a youtube video of it in Media.

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 183#p94183
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

MattWaaghtring

Post#55 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Aquilon wrote:
MattWaaghtring wrote:Hey! I'm a former developer for WAR...
Hello! And welcome! :)

Can you enlighten me, please, considering Game Industry's policy on product being developed - all the work is done strictly in an office or it's possible to grab some stuff to work remotely, if you're not an outsourcer?
Typically, game development for a major publisher-owned dev. studio means working at the office, however there are exceptions. I know that Mythic outsourced some of its monster models to an Asian art studio... but even there... the director of art had a trusted relationship with a reliable, well known out-sourcing vendor with that studio. It would be unlikely that one could work for someone like Blizzard, Valve, or Bethesda as a purely-remote employee relationship. But it all depends on what work you're doing. Typically, game dev is a VERY collaborative effort that REQUIRES being physically around your co-workers, but there are certain aspects of game development that might work-out well in a remote capacity. I can, for example, imagine a sound engineer for a smaller studio working remotely because his equipment and sound-recording environment works better away from others.

TL;DR - You need to work at a studio 99% of the time if you want to work for one of the big studios.

mirrorblade

Post#56 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Sry this was my wrong!

Line of sight, sometimes written line-of-sight or abbreviated to LoS, is the visibility (that is, who can see what) on the playing field in wargames and some role-playing games (RPGs). Many abilities can only be used on entities within a character's line of sight.

The keep walls cant stop aoe abilities, magus & engis pull to the other side( into the keep) and pets come in to the keep.

And have lot other problems but i dont want hustle
Thx the answers!

In the game movie/video had a humanoid(orc) catapult, Did you want planting or implementing to the game?

Sulorie

Post#57 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:26 pm

mirrorblade wrote:
In the game movie/video had a humanoid(orc) catapult, Did you want planting or implementing to the game?
There were working catapults ingame, in DvG pairing and in GoE sc.
Dying is no option.

mirrorblade

Post#58 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:48 pm

missunderstand

I think the player catapult, shoot the players not balls:)

Ads
Hienzwar

Post#59 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Welcome to RoR Matt.

Great to have you here, one question I have is lairs, does anybody actually know how many there are?!

Kind regards,

H

TenTonHammer

Post#60 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:56 pm

mirrorblade wrote:missunderstand

I think the player catapult, shoot the players not balls:)
some scenarios had that

like ironclad i belive

greenskin ch 1 has it too