Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Sgttimmen

Re: [Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

Post#81 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:08 pm

megadeath wrote:This whine is delicious!
Aegis is very situational spell that acts more of a panic button then anything else. Keg is aoe heal with 100% uptime. Imo no ranged dps archetype should be able to heal his allies.
Want to heal? Roll a healer.
Well, des is doing the whining. I have never ever in a keep take seen kegs making a difference. Most engies ive seen dont even have them. I have to agree Engies are an annoyance to SH:s and sorcs, but its not the keg, its the range, but as they are stationary RDPs they should have the keg, and range. IF the keg was to be removed, then remove the Magus counterpart.

Ads
Mcgotrek

Post#82 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:19 pm

OP made this post because he wants keg-changes. That means the burden of proof is one him.
Now, im trying to pinpoint evidence of why the keg is game changing, out of this discussion. But I havent found any. I've read descriptions of what it does and various stories of a lot of engies with a log of kegs at the same time. Can someone tell me if I have missed something.
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

megadeath

Post#83 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Sgttimmen wrote: IF the keg was to be removed, then remove the Magus counterpart.
As a Magus main I'm all up for this!
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

Sgttimmen

Post#84 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:19 pm

megadeath wrote:
Sgttimmen wrote: IF the keg was to be removed, then remove the Magus counterpart.
As a Magus main I'm all up for this!
Yep, i thought you would write that, just because as the keg, its more or less useless. Point proven.

Glorian

Post#85 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:34 pm

@Keg heals NOT Wounded first:
Keg Heals are random.
Wounded are not healed first instead of non wounded.
We were just in BS Lord Room defence.
I used the Keg sometimes and I stood in the bulk of a lot of order players. Most of them at full health. Directly next to me a damaged Tank.
Poor damaged Tank doesnt get any of my Keg Heals. They were put on the full health order guys standing around me.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#86 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

Spoiler:
Engies are the new Tank\Healer class in game. You didnt heard the news?

This is not a random topic, this is a Balance Discussion, please read the rules.
-StormX2
]

StormX2
Game Master

Post#87 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:48 pm

i too think that at the very least Keg could act similar way to Pit of Shades, where one cannot overlap the other. Anyone experiencing RvR vs many engi's can agree that there is quite a bit of keg stacking, and at that point it is certainly an issue.

Just my opinion though.

Sgttimmen

Post#88 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:05 am

StormX2 wrote:i too think that at the very least Keg could act similar way to Pit of Shades, where one cannot overlap the other. Anyone experiencing RvR vs many engi's can agree that there is quite a bit of keg stacking, and at that point it is certainly an issue.

Just my opinion though.
Not an issue since if they stack kegs, they would have to stay put and be easy kills for another group or wb. I cant take this complaint serious, sorry but if you got five sitting ducks vs five mobile with half a brain you focus fire. As always.

Ads
Tesq

Post#89 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:32 am

ppl are defending the defendingless, some are arguing about focus fire, heals are random

-No one said heals heal first wounded ppl , as matter of fact keg heals the firt 9 ppl in range which of course if placed well are all tanks in the front line in any fight around any objective( first 9 ppl are tanks and so all keg heals tanks , all realm healers heal front line etc).

-second ppl which of course are agumenting pro keg are telling this story of keg being really underrrated using A) small skirmish argument, where we know it suck stop repeat focus fire this focus fire that, the issue is NOT a single keg random placed it's a organized/ or not stack by the realm B) using pug situation at the inverse to justify their claim; The keg stack is a thing because it's brainless, it happen in every blob situation where the order realm gahter and fight static it's a surpluss passive which help counter enemy realm damges; the engi on top of being alredy a viable aoe option in term of aoe dmg + have a pull
If you claim to see few engi place keg ( lol whut , maybe it's playtime difference who know) can be due the fact that ppl can solo and they are ST 200+ feet spec

-dmg+ pull alredy = sorc/bw ( of course you do not take 8 engi but the pull is enough to take 1-2 alredy depending how the meta imore or less controll)

-dmg + pull + keg mean you having additional heal breakig the class balance due being able to do in proportion more than other classes can;

-since the keg stack ( and this is the whole issue) you can pretty easily position the keg to heal where you want what you want.

-> idk how ppl can even pretend any player can proof anything about keg directly due to being masked by heal of all other healers. The only way would be organized a defense with x VS x then add 10 engi and 10 sorc, fight 2 times in row 1 with keg and 1 with out using the same skill rotation perfectly and see the difference in kills...... Burden of proof ....are you joking?

Play test 2 week of keg with no stack and you will have the proof you are looking for: somethings need play test to see the effect ; keg is being marked as op due the stack in blob situation so ppl if they dont have nothing to hide should at least agree on test or maybe someone fear something?
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vdova

Post#90 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:43 am

Its not unsussual sees engi healing for 150k+ in scenario. Rarily saw engi with nearly 300k healing. Thats not flufy healing when 1 non healer archetype overheal healing archetype. Those numbers are quite impressive consider fact how magus/engi got buffed and fact, that engi is mainly DPS class.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair