Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Assault

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
lastalien

Re: SW: Assault Tree

Post#11 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 am

Hi,

My opinion

1. Ok, AP is problem for ASW and SW mostly.
2. Not need, Every skill is needed for ASW, mb change some effect. Disorient when chaneling.
3. Not need. KD is very impotant for ASW.
4. Looks good, but destro will be against this change :)

I earlier suggested changing the SW to aid the Slayer in the formation of the mele party. There were a few changes in the patch, and changed AoE. But SW have are absolutely useless skill AoE in mile branch. If we have to make a finisher then him. (meen Swiping slash)
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Ads
Stmichael1989

Post#12 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 am

None of the suggestions address the critical flaw of assault spec, which is a lack of purpose/incentive. Scout has burst damage, skirmish has mobility and utility, and both are superior damage at range, which is already a massive advantage over melee.

Rather than trying to buff the existing abilities to make assault more comparable to every other single target melee DPS, why not focus on giving SW another niche to fill? If scout has long range burst and skirmish has mobility, range, and utility, then it would make sense that assault have short range AoE and anti-melee abilities.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:57 am

Please don't make ASW more AoE-focused. It should be an opportunist spec with incredible burst windows, when played well (which it sorta is, but is still lacking). While its SH counterpart is more AoE focused, the ASW is more of a ST burst spec - which works, with a bit of love.

When you see a Shadow Warrior jump into the melee - albeit temporarily - you should know that **** is going to go down.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#14 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:21 am

Spoiler:
SW = **** in RoR, or Live to... but here SH is a god compared and to my SW ideal build is sleep and dont play hehe
Don't post here unless you have something useful to add to the discussion - Penril.

ToXoS

Post#15 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:30 am

Spoiler:
Alfinnete wrote:SW = **** in RoR, or Live to... but here SH is a god compared and to my SW ideal build is sleep and dont play hehe
:lol:
Same as above.

dansari

Post#16 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:35 am

Please stay on topic. This isn't a place for personal anecdotes.

I agree that assault SW should be ST melee focused. You can AOE just fine in Skirmish. I agree that replacing the 5pt ability with an aoe detaunt may not be the correct path and making Swift Strikes more attractive could be better. I also agree with feedback that moving the new finisher to 9pt rather than 13 would be beneficial.
<Salt Factory>

Penril

Post#17 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:31 pm

There was a question I used to ask the devs several months ago, with different results. Regarding SW/SH melee specs, are they supposed to:

a) Stay in the frontline all the time, like a Slayer, and deal similar damage?, or
b) Swap to melee sporadically, maybe to defend themselves if a mDPS catches them, or to quickly run in, deal burst and get out?

You guys should figure out which one is the right answer (for you) and argue accordingly. I won't tell you what i think it should be (i prefer to stay out of the discussions).

dansari

Post#18 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Penril wrote:There was a question I used to ask the devs several months ago, with different results. Regarding SW/SH melee specs, are they supposed to:

a) Stay in the frontline all the time, like a Slayer, and deal similar damage?, or
b) Swap to melee sporadically, maybe to defend themselves if a mDPS catches them, or to quickly run in, deal burst and get out?
Absolutely the latter. A hybrid melee/range character should not have as much success staying in melee all the time as a Mara/Choppa/Slayer. I think the more you spec into Assault tree the better you should get at dealing with threats/dealing damage in melee, but you're still going to lack necessary tools that other melee have by default (root breakers.. charge). I think the most successful assault build would include being mediocre at range, but potent up close (for a short period of time) as opposed to Scout, for example, which can be potent at range but mediocre/bad up close.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Agree with the above. It should be an opportunist spec, weaving into ranged occasionally to capitalise on its ranged advantage, but waiting for that moment to go into melee.

Ugle

Post#20 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Agree with the two poats above. :)
inactive