Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin'

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Coma

Re: [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin' tactics

Post#21 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:25 am

5 second granted crit, if slayer had a 50% increased damage on crit it would really be a big deal... but it doesn't (choppa actualy have a 25% increas on crit damage but it doesn't have the increased crit rate based on health)... what's more it trigger upon death and is the result of 2 tactic combination...

yes it is powerfull... no it isn't op.. at least IMHO, also slayer being a MDPS restrict his area of action, it's not like he can "jump" where he want to unlish his maximum potential for those five second... if you want to truly make the most out of it it will require either really good positioning during the fight or you and your healer to to "intentionaly give away your life" for a big burst...

obviously this kind of tactic should have a resonable ICD... having it at anything below 30 sec would certenly make it OP (run into the enemy formation--->get instakilled--->unleash 5 second of terror--->get instaress from AM---> repeat...)... Actualy I think that 2min should be the minimum CD to take into consideration to avoid exploiting while still making it a worth tactic

Ads
Toldavf

Post#22 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Coma wrote:5 second granted crit, if slayer had a 50% increased damage on crit it would really be a big deal... but it doesn't (choppa actualy have a 25% increas on crit damage but it doesn't have the increased crit rate based on health)... what's more it trigger upon death and is the result of 2 tactic combination...

yes it is powerfull... no it isn't op.. at least IMHO, also slayer being a MDPS restrict his area of action, it's not like he can "jump" where he want to unlish his maximum potential for those five second... if you want to truly make the most out of it it will require either really good positioning during the fight or you and your healer to to "intentionaly give away your life" for a big burst...

obviously this kind of tactic should have a resonable ICD... having it at anything below 30 sec would certenly make it OP (run into the enemy formation--->get instakilled--->unleash 5 second of terror--->get instaress from AM---> repeat...)... Actualy I think that 2min should be the minimum CD to take into consideration to avoid exploiting while still making it a worth tactic
I'm not sure that 1k+ aoe's that are near instant are good for game balance defiantly not at the warband level
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

szejoza

Post#23 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Skalier wrote:I hope this discussion will end with a specific proposal that will be accepted and not as it was with Retribution where we wrote several pages and the matter got stuck in place.

For example:
Slayer Runnic Blessings:
-50% cheance to respawn with 25% HP + 250 dmg, time to decide 30 sec.

Choppa Keept It Comin:
-25% cheance to respawn with 50% HP +250 dmg, time to decide 30 sec.
That would be terribly unbalanced, and I see no reason why both shouldn't be exact mirrors of themselves as it is now

5s dmg immunity is far too good imo, it would make slayers/choppas fight openers in small scale, killing machines in big scale and quite viable at last in solo (5s immunity with full enrage mechanic, gief me dat)
Spoiler:

Skalier
Banned

Post#24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Different tactics because they also have different tactics for critical hits and this option fits them well. 5s dmg immunity is also good but devs not agree for this as long as the last stand ability is prohibited. So it is better to focus on how much time they will have to get up, how many chances and with how many amount of health.

szejoza

Post#25 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Skalier wrote:Different tactics because they also have different tactics for critical hits and this option fits them well.
Please exaggerate how, because a simple 'coz we can' won't work here. To me it's pointless, one side get's more heal reliable option (50% for res and 25%hp) and another less frequent but stronger res (25% res with 50%hp). To use the first option you need to rely on healers to top you once you stand up and they already can do that better without that tactic, the second gets less frequent resses but more reliable and not heal-dependent. It won't be balancing, just a mess up.

And as far as discussion goes, I realise we are not talking about 1v1 fights here but imagine killing one with the 25% to ress just to see him pop up from ground, deal instant damage and on top of that with 50%hp! If it were a slayer vs choppa scenario the one with bigger health pool at the ress would have the upper hand.

I was wondering, as enrage mechanic seems to linger after death, is there a way to reset it to zero on death or it requires more client control?
Spoiler:

Skalier
Banned

Post#26 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 pm

If Slayer get res with 25% HP then he get bonus +70% dmg to critical hits from Fierce Might tactic. But only during short time. Then this bonus should decrease.

If Choppa get res with 50% HP then he get bonus only +25% dmg to critical hits from Stab You Gooder tactic. But all the time bonus is the same.

I think for those reasons, the proposal of 50% Slayer and 25% Choppa on res is justified because Slayer can be quickly killed again, but with Choppa it will be more difficult. The 30 second to commit decision will give them a chance to surprise their opponents.

Toldavf

Post#27 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Im sorry but in any group setting if a slayer is ressed on 25% hp he is a golden target that dude died once you can be sure he will die again with less than 2k in his hp pool.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

szejoza

Post#28 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Toldavf wrote:Im sorry but in any group setting if a slayer is ressed on 25% hp he is a golden target that dude died once you can be sure he will die again with less than 2k in his hp pool.
Exactly my thoughts, and if the situation is so he can safely res, it might be as well a healer that ressed him, making the tactic still somewhat useless
Spoiler:

Ads
CowTools

Post#29 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Always have 3 sec respawn lol
Only the dead have seen the end of WAR

Skalier
Banned

Post#30 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:34 am

So give them both 50% chance on res with 50% HP plus some extra bonus. I think it will be better than a simple resuscitation by a healer.

I'm curious what do you think about it.