Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin'

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
roadkillrobin

Re: [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin' tactics

Post#51 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 pm

You could make it something like.

"Whenever you fall in combat remaining groupmembers gets bonuses based on your rage.

Green: 50% Block/ParryDodge/Disrupt for increase for 5 Seconds
Yellow: 15% damage/heals for 7
Red: 30% damage/heals for 7 seconds"

Ads
Bozzax

Post#52 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:48 pm

The only thing that would make me slot it ever would be if death was avoided (low % to avoid death instead of % to self ress) and you got x % health back instead of dying (add icd for obvious reasons)

Still would be a trash tactic

Anything that yields grp buffs is bad design and would be exploited
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

roadkillrobin

Post#53 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:37 pm

You lose one of the moast valueble assets in the game from somewere to 3-10 seconds, a team member.

Its really hard to exploit it if the buff timers are short. Its basicly just for recovery purpose. Keeping the player alive will pretty much always be better as the loss of somewere between 30-45% of your groups damage potential and all other utillity the class yeilds, is really devastating for your group's performance.

Toldavf

Post#54 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Bozzax wrote:The only thing that would make me slot it ever would be if death was avoided (low % to avoid death instead of % to self ress) and you got x % health back instead of dying (add icd for obvious reasons)

Still would be a trash tactic

Anything that yields grp buffs is bad design and would be exploited
I would prefer instead of health that if a blow would kill you instead you gained a large shield on a long cd.

Exact figures would need balancing and obviously it wouldn't protect against morale and would have a different interaction with things like guard.

I think it would be easier to balance instead of a sudo prta potion.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Bozzax

Post#55 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Dont like it bc of slayer health crit dmg tac
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Toldavf

Post#56 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Bozzax wrote:Dont like it bc of slayer health crit dmg tac
I mean that's 2 tactics in that actually reduce your over all dps.

It's unlikely a slayer that procs my version of the tactic would remain low for long, he would either be focused burning through the bubble or the brief respite would give the healers a chance to get his hp up.

Even something absolutely huge like a 2k bubble would at best only buy you a single gcd under focus probably significantly less, and im not suggesting a bubble anywhere near that large.

Bozzax

Post#57 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Sure XvX or 6v6 is prodominant but 1v1 also occurs. Those 2 would be very op together 1v1.
(These tactics has near 0 value in 6v6 or 6vX regardless, bc rng)

I still think a rework to mit would be the best option and open up for more variation (sl, chp). It fits aoe tree (large scale) much better then some random on death ress procs that rly only ever can be anything but a fluff 1v1 thing. (Your healers will need to try cast res regardless)

6v6 yu’ll loose 9/10 if the other team can pressure break your chp,sl. Preventing that kb by pressure bck or defs is going to be better (if you cant you loose)

Toldavf

Post#58 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Bozzax wrote:Sure XvX or 6v6 is prodominant but 1v1 also occurs. Those 2 would be very op together 1v1.
(These tactics has near 0 value in 6v6 or 6vX regardless, bc rng)

I still think a rework to mit would be the best option and open up for more variation (sl, chp). It fits aoe tree (large scale) much better then some random on death ress procs that rly only ever can be anything but a fluff 1v1 thing. (Your healers will need to try cast res regardless)

6v6 yu’ll loose 9/10 if the other team can pressure break your chp,sl. Preventing that kb by pressure bck or defs is going to be better (if you cant you loose)
I mean slayer wise 1 vs 1 i would still say fierce might and power though would be better in combo with both stat tactics.

One thing i think both of us have forgotten is the orc tactic I'm da biggest.

Why would anyone slot a tactic that heals you for say even 1600hp when they could just have 1600 more hp from the start? I mean they could slot both but then there is no room for dps tactics and i feel like a dps that slots 2 defensive tactics is trying to go against what his class is designed to do.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#59 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 pm

I quite often run 2 or more def tactics but you still have a point (3def more often 3off tbh and typically 2-2)

(Personally I wouldn’t mind a toughness or % reduction tactic at 11pts but I guess most would not use it)

Penril

Post#60 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Time to lock.