Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin'

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
szejoza

Re: [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin' tactics

Post#31 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:55 am

Skalier wrote:So give them both 50% chance on res with 50% HP plus some extra bonus. I think it will be better than a simple resuscitation by a healer.

I'm curious what do you think about it.
50% HP ress with no sickness, I believe it would work well in 6 man environments, and decent in warbands, without making it too powerful and not a 'musthave' tactic

Of course that we would have an option if to ress or not, this is something that I'll be repeating tons of times as it's the biggest downside of the tactic for me as of now :D

And what do you think about damage? The aoe it deals atm is close to being irrelevant, in the end it could deal no damage at all as it is in the current state.
Spoiler:

Ads
Toldavf

Post#32 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

It might be interesting to have some meaningful damage, But it would probably be better if it restored a good deal of AP instead.

That would actually give you options after res instead of just having an empty tank.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

szejoza

Post#33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Toldavf wrote:It might be interesting to have some meaningful damage, But it would probably be better if it restored a good deal of AP instead.

That would actually give you options after res instead of just having an empty tank.
Good point
And enrage mechanic? I mean, well if I were dead 1 second earlier and got to my feet immediately I would be pretty pissed off and my enrage mechanic would be red as hell itself, but that leaves the player vulnerable, but ressing with 50% enrage would be something I would love to have (still not enough for knockdown, but enough for other abilities). But wouldn't it be too powerful? My view might be biased sometimes and well, we don't want to complicate the tactic too much as the tooltip would be far too long with too many stuff in it :D

Would love input from some choppas main and other classes how they view the tactic
Spoiler:

Skalier
Banned

Post#34 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:22 pm

I think 50% chance on res with 50% HP is pretty strong. Additional bonus for example +250 AP seems to be good but can be useless if our hero decides stand up for example after 20-30 seconds. In any case, this changed tactic can solve the problem of low survival Slayer and Choppa.

Using Enrage mechanic here seems to me to be too powerful.
Except this can give him for example just bonus +25% more damages during 5 seconds after self res or something total different.

Or as bonus just give them this 30 sec to commit decision.
We can not exaggerate if devs are willing to accept our proposal.

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 pm

I can't fathom why a RNG-reliant rez proc tactic would ever be deemed strong. Noone serious uses this tactic anyway; RNG-dependent tactics tend to be bad, let alone ones that rely on player dying.

I think it warrants a complete overhaul.

dansari

Post#36 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:56 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:I can't fathom why a RNG-reliant rez proc tactic would ever be deemed strong. Noone serious uses this tactic anyway; RNG-dependent tactics tend to be bad, let alone ones that rely on player dying.

I think it warrants a complete overhaul.
Which is why I proposed making it have an ICD and 100% respawn chance.
<Salt Factory>

roadkillrobin

Post#37 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Not even worth it with 100%. You usually have 2 healers that can do ressing. In a warband you have 8. Why then slot a ress tactic?

dansari

Post#38 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Depends on how strong you make the damage upon spawning. To make it worthwhile you'd need to make it not just an instant res, but also an instant res with added bonuses/aoe damage.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Toldavf

Post#39 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:16 pm

dansari wrote:Depends on how strong you make the damage upon spawning. To make it worthwhile you'd need to make it not just an instant res, but also an instant res with added bonuses/aoe damage.
Any damage you give it would have to contend with guard/Hots/direct heals/mitigation buffs. With no other damage behind it unless the damage was truly ludicrous a damage increase would be pointless.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Skalier
Banned

Post#40 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 pm

dansari wrote:Which is why I proposed making it have an ICD and 100% respawn chance.
ICD it's a cooldown? Anyway this idea I like the most. Surely it would have changed a lot.
And what would be the other properties this tactic?