Recent Topics

Ads

[Shadow Warrior] Counterstrike.

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
daniilpb

[Shadow Warrior] Counterstrike.

Post#1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Identify the issue
Lack of the utility of the Assault stance;
Poor skill set of this path.

Explain why it is an issue
Whole gameplay of the Assault stance consists of spamming Grim Slash, Brutal Assault and reapplying dots. Clearly there is a lack of possible rotations. Also the stance itself limits the variety of skills.
Only Grim Slash with the Wrist Slash tactic provides an interesting debuff but it is not enough for the overall utility.

Propose a viable solution to the problem
Counterstrike
I can bet that there are SWs who have never known that such skill even exists. This ability has a long cooldown (20 sec) and nowhere close to be spammable, also it has the lowest damage comparing to other skills and only one extra use - interruption.
The game has a lot of skills which can interrupt casts but all of them are better (some of them are aoe and can't be parried/blocked, some give a damage boost or debuff a target and etc).
Solution:
Give this skill an extra effect:
A quick strike which deals X damage to your target and interrupts any ability that they were building up. Also you will drain 50 of their Action Points into yourself.

Considering that this skill has a quite long cooldown (maybe should lower it in addition?), it would still have a place in any rotation since it will become more flexible to use, not just only for interrupting. Also it would help with an enormous AP starvation of the Assault stance gameplay.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Penril

Re: [Shadow Warrior] Counterstrike.

Post#2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Moving to Discussions.

Your suggestion would make it similar to Crushing Anger (Blackguard), but with a longer CD. I don't see a problem with it.

Toldavf

Post#3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Well this skill would be solid gold if channels where better. I think it would be a better skill if you just didn't take a damage dip for using it.

the sugested level of ap drain as probably to high it would be able to rob between 95-105 ap from a healer for a heal that is then not even cast.

Loosing over 1 third of your ap pool just because you you interrupted would kind of suck for the other player so i would rather the ap drain was significantly smaller.

Also the AP gain suggested is a bridge to far, sw in melee mode isn't the worst melee when it comes to ap management and this skill with suggested changes already does allot.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Lideric

Post#4 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:30 pm

" A quick strike which deals X damage to your target and interrupts any ability that they were building up. If you succesful interrupt a ability the casttime of the next ability will need 50 % more builduptime (or effect Cooldown) "

Could imagine something like this

lefze
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Would suffice to just let it give the SW ap, as assault struggles with ap in longer fights. Don't really mind a drain, but I kinda see it as overdoing it. Shorter CD would also be a welcome change if the skill generated ap to actually bring it into a rotation.
Rip Phalanx

dansari

Post#6 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Playing devil's advocate: but is the AP starvation any different from other DPS classes?
<Salt Factory>

lefze
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:57 pm

dansari wrote:Playing devil's advocate: but is the AP starvation any different from other DPS classes?
Would not say that, no. But a 50 ap gain every x seconds wouldn't break anything either, just makes it less dependent on pots.
Rip Phalanx

Acidic

Post#8 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Lack of the utility of the Assault stance - interrupt is utility

Whole gameplay of the Assault stance consists of spamming Grim Slash, Brutal Assault and reapplying dots. - this is due to your play style of finding a rotation, by definition this is rinse repeat adding another skill to your rotation changes nothing.

I can bet that there are SWs who have never known that such skill even exists - really ? This means you want improvement because players can't read the skill set

This ability has a long cooldown (20 sec) and nowhere close to be spammable - it is an interrupt , it is situational and not meant to be spammable

lowest damage comparing to other skills - yes utility means less damage

I personally could not glean a justification for change from the reasoning above.

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Acidic wrote:Lack of the utility of the Assault stance - interrupt is utility
Whole gameplay of the Assault stance consists of spamming Grim Slash, Brutal Assault and reapplying dots. - this is due to your play style of finding a rotation, by definition this is rinse repeat adding another skill to your rotation changes nothing.
I can bet that there are SWs who have never known that such skill even exists - really ? This means you want improvement because players can't read the skill set
This ability has a long cooldown (20 sec) and nowhere close to be spammable - it is an interrupt , it is situational and not meant to be spammable
I personally could not glean a justification for change from the reasoning above.
OP is arguing that there could be more utility within Assault stance, and no, two abilities is not a rotation. OP is also arguing that other interrupt skills are better by being undefendable or adding buffs/debuffs.
<Salt Factory>

Acidic

Post#10 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:03 pm

dansari wrote:
Acidic wrote:Lack of the utility of the Assault stance - interrupt is utility
OP is arguing that there could be more utility within Assault stance, and no, two abilities is not a rotation. OP is also arguing that other interrupt skills are better by being undefendable or adding buffs/debuffs.
yes he talks about more utility in assult but why change this skill that has some utility ?
there could be more of anything, this is not an argumet , this is I want more plz.
other interupts may well be better with other classes, but 1:1 skill mirroring is not what the game is about, he has not justified a gap in the needs for assult and assult sw are not in a bad spot even according to sw in other threads.