Recent Topics

Ads

Feeding on Weakness' weaknesses

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Deadpoet

Re: Feeding on Weakness' weaknesses

Post#11 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 pm

As far as I can see most of the ppl who have posted agree that the skill is badly designed and lackluster and some support the second option.
I just would like to revive the thread a little bit by answering some of the objections and also incorporate some ideas I've read here to my own in order to improve my points.
As to the question of bg not needing a further boost to survivability I see the point but I think this is more about further boosting the Dark Protegé's survivability than the BG's. Imho it would be best to, if possible, respect the original design of the game creators and improve it in the same direction, and yes, that means more self heal in the BG's arsenal, BUT this is not about 1v1 or solo roam, but more about teamplay, and other tanks are able to provide bubbles/HoT for their ENTIRE team while the BG can currently only offer his own absorb shield to his DP, a shield that can be severed and that is quickly spent.
Some BGs pick the self heal from Anguish. To do so they have to sacrifice huge parts of the Malice and Loathing tree, as Bolstering Anger is high up in the tree. If FoW had at last a useful heal component they wouldnt need to go that high up Anguish for the self heal and new and interesting specs would arise for offtanking BGs.
As I said the self heal component was probably meant to make up for the lackluster performance of the toughness buff (as compared to toughness auras/stat steal of other tanks) AND its redundancy (see the above + potions). Not only is the skill ineffective because the duration of both effects are severely mismatched. It is also underperforming because of the redundancy issue, and rendered even less useful by the fact that, as someone stated in this thread, it is a lifetap (thus depending on significant damage) in a defensive skil tree.
SIDE NOTE: If the redundancy with pots really makes things too hard on this skill I'd suggest replacing toughness with initiative, but that's probably another thread.

Ads
Penril

Re: Feeding on Weakness' weaknesses

Post#12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Time to lock.