Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Monstrous Ruin

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
zabis

[BG] Monstrous Ruin

Post#1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Identify the Issue:

This tactic reduces hate cost for Monstrous Rending and Blade of Ruin by 10. After the recent changes to Blackguard, we do not have the ability Blade of Ruin. Before the changes, this was a tactic that I personally never slotted. After the changes, it has made a subpar tactic even less attractive.

Solution:
1. Reduce hate cost of Monstrous Rending and Crimson Death by 10. By running this tactic, you would become more of an AOE DPS tank and would be able to use your AOE abilities more often to proc Filled with Fury and Hastened Doom.
2. Reduce the timer of Exile and Get Down! from 20 seconds to 15 seconds. With this change, it keeps your punt and KD on the same timer and most BG's are going to use these abilities one after the other.

Disclaimer:
I’m not sure exactly how much control the devs have over tactics, so if these two solutions are not possible, then we must think of another way to bring this tactic to life.

Edit:
I didn't realize the timer of Get Down! was different from the tool tip, edited solution #2.
Last edited by zabis on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
Penril

Re: Blackguard Tactic Monstrous Ruin

Post#2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Since Torque chimed in and didn't immediately decline...

...Moving to discussions.

zabis

Post#3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:22 am

Thoughts?
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

gke96

Post#4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:30 am

It's indeed a useless tactic atm, first suggestion seems fine.

You went too far with ur dreams on the 2nd as u added a completely new tactic and made the only KD with less than 20 sec cooldown.
Also punt is 10 sec cooldown atm, KD is 20. your info on the class is lacking
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Gerv
Banned

Post#5 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:35 am

zabis wrote:Thoughts?
An absence of discussion indicates an agreement to the proposed solution. This is not a forum for +1 or agreement posts. The process is: create proposal, moved/declined, await disagreement, convince disagreeing individuals otherwise with supported arguments, wait for Penril to remove those who post otherwise without evidence to back up.

I believe proposed solution one is the better.
Firstly, the BG punt and KD are arguably the most effective in the game with block generated from None Shall Pass or Guard damage and their cooldowns both are lower than immunity timers.
The reduction in hate assists to offset the high cost of toughness debuff, CD and MR and pairs compliments the investment in the tree for dps/debuffing 2hd BGs.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:40 am

Only using the tactic for farming to spam aoe. I wouldn't have a spare tactic slot for pvp.
Dying is no option.

catholicism198

Post#7 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:27 am

Sulorie wrote:Only using the tactic for farming to spam aoe. I wouldn't have a spare tactic slot for pvp.
Yup. Pretty much.... even then it would still be just a fluff tactic.

Option 1 isn't much of a change... people aren't going to be any more willing to spend 1 tactic slot and 1 mastery point because it also reduces the hate cost of Crimson Death.
If you want to make it more of AE DPS oriented tactic then it should buff the damage Monstrous Rending does in addition to reducing its hate cost...like grant it the pitiful dot that was lost when Blade of Ruin was replaced.

zabis

Post#8 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:45 pm

gke96 wrote:It's indeed a useless tactic atm, first suggestion seems fine.

You went too far with ur dreams on the 2nd as u added a completely new tactic and made the only KD with less than 20 sec cooldown.
Also punt is 10 sec cooldown atm, KD is 20. your info on the class is lacking
Yea, I accidentally edited that part out. I think reducing the cooldown of the best punt in the game to 10 seconds is a little OP for just using a 2h, with option 2, it would be reduced only if you slot this tactic.

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Time to lock.