Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Elixirs Cooldowns

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: WE/WH Elixirs Cooldowns

Post#41 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 pm

I would think Repel Blasphemy+riposte is almost always gonna be better though in 1v1, since you also prevent yourself from taking damage and do more damage in the bargain with riposte due to no icd.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
nydig

Post#42 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm

I mainly played WE so repel was never a option but i also always played the spec i found best for most situations so on my WH i played exit wound because heal debuff armor ignore elixir and of course exit wound. On the WE i played witch brew again because of the heal debuff and imo it was far better at dealing with tanks and healers but not as strong at fighting dps am/sw if i couldnt kill them before they got some distance.

Going back to the dmg return elixir though it is a good tool for dealing with tanks and melee in 1v1 and a reduced cd to that wouldnt hurt or take it off cs of others. However ya as others have said the disrupt elixir is already so strong as it is.

Tankbeardz

Post#43 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:47 am

nydig wrote:I mainly played WE so repel was never a option but i also always played the spec i found best for most situations so on my WH i played exit wound because heal debuff armor ignore elixir and of course exit wound. On the WE i played witch brew again because of the heal debuff and imo it was far better at dealing with tanks and healers but not as strong at fighting dps am/sw if i couldnt kill them before they got some distance.

Going back to the dmg return elixir though it is a good tool for dealing with tanks and melee in 1v1 and a reduced cd to that wouldnt hurt or take it off cs of others. However ya as others have said the disrupt elixir is already so strong as it is.
:!:

catholicism198

Post#44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 am

Toldavf wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
catholicism198 wrote:Increasing your chance to disrupt/dodge/block enemy attacks by 100% usually means that you multiply your current disrupt/dodge/block rate by 2- So a 40% chance will become 80%- 20% becomes 40%.
Not here it doesnt, or has ever done, its +100% to your own stats
Yeah blame lazy original devs for wording stuff poorly.
Wish I could say that I'm surprised... oh well. That's how it's worked in other games.

tionblack

Post#45 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:45 am

I see many players without WH/WE chars commenting here which is very annoying i must say.(exept staff and balance team)

For Witch Hunters % 100 distrupt shroud of magnus is in a tree which isnt used by 6 man builds or burst build instead we have 2 options either % 50 armor ignore 7 seconds or very lame thorns aura 7seconds damage to meele attacker( very lame,very bad skill).( i suggest changing this van horstmans speculum with something else).

Give we and WH and WE Cleansing wind instead of 190 dmg on meele attack to attacker skill.
Also we can use a meele hit which snares target.

Our entire class mechanic is destroyed by dot changes on top of that you removed CW so i think we can change that useless skill with cleansing wind for WE/WH.

If you want feedback from experienced WH/WE players ask all of them they will agree.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Atropik

Post#46 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 am

wargrimnir wrote:Some pretty low effort posts going on here. If you need to review the rules for posting here, then do so. We start with OP's proposal, if it's not appropriate you need to describe the reasons why before throwing ideas at the wall to replace it.

SImply stating you like something else better, or this is fine, is not enough.
Ok though.

Curent proposal significantly buffs some of WH/WE mastery trees making them even more unbalanced. So, in my point of view, you guys have to work on trees first, making all 3 of them more balanced and effective in every of possible ways to use. And here we come to another proposal, - im not sure we are able to discuss in current thread.

But yes, current proposal will allow WH/WE to have some buff they deserve after tons of nerfs youve made, however implementation of this stuff will show up the imcompetence of dev.team at some game mechanics.
Nicelook | Obey

Hastykrasty

Post#47 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 am

I am sure that all WH/WEs will be happy to have a CW-like ability (experienced or not), because it would be borderline OP like CW was. I have a WH too (rr65) and I will be really happy to have it (free also), but lets face it, it's a totally unreasonable proposal :)
We already have tools to fight dots like shroud of magnus, rephel blasphemy and M1 confusing movements.

However, Shroud of magnus doesn't disrupt all the magic dots, I have seen a lot of world of pain final damage applying even with SoM on, is it inteded and did I miss something?
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Aurandilaz

Post#48 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Hastykrasty wrote:I am sure that all WH/WEs will be happy to have a CW-like ability (experienced or not), because it would be borderline OP like CW was. I have a WH too (rr65) and I will be really happy to have it (free also), but lets face it, it's a totally unreasonable proposal :)
We already have tools to fight dots like shroud of magnus, rephel blasphemy and M1 confusing movements.

However, Shroud of magnus doesn't disrupt all the magic dots, I have seen a lot of world of pain final damage applying even with SoM on, is it inteded and did I miss something?
Ye not saying I wouldn't like CW on my WE/WH, but damn it would be OP.
What if EoB/VHS made you ignore/repel all enemy debuffs for 7 seconds? Direct dmg hurts from any source, but any debuff is simply "ignored"? Dot/debuff/curse/hex/ailment? Meaning a caster could still do direct dmg, mara would still pump dmg, but all of their debuffs would be ignored and just the damage taken?

I also like the idea of reflecting all damage (or even 50%) back to attackers with EoB/VHS, rewards more skilled gameplay and any sane opponent will most likely ignore WE/WH for those 7 seconds. Actually makes the Elixir/Relic worth using.

And yes, we know that EoC is ignored by BW BurnThrough, but Sorcs going through SoM should be extra kinky, but theoretically possible as far as I understand.
Say SoM increases your Disrupt by 100%. Sorc has softcap int and BiS gear for strikethrough. If WH has disrupt of 100%, sorc strikethrough should "drop" it to about 90. The offensive value from INT makes thus hits between 90-140 land, and hits that roll between 1-90 are disrupted.
Unless I'm wrong again, someone feel free to correct me.

Ads
Nabaro

Post#49 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:52 pm

EoB/VHS
And what if all incoming damage is reduced by 50%(or more) and will be reflected in the attacker within 7 seconds. Call this antifocus potion. This will solve the problem of too high reflection, and gives a chance to survive the assist.

Or u wanna reflect dmg and not take dmg? Too OP.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Spierron

Post#50 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Hastykrasty wrote: However, Shroud of magnus doesn't disrupt all the magic dots, I have seen a lot of world of pain final damage applying even with SoM on, is it inteded and did I miss something?
is intended, you can disrupt the application of BB/WoP not the backloaded damage.
Spoiler:
tionblack wrote: Our entire class mechanic is destroyed by dot changes on top of that you removed CW so i think we can change that useless skill with cleansing wind for WE/WH.
Yes but no :lol: you say half of the problem for stealth mechanic, i got used to it after dot changes and that's the other half that for me destroys stealth mechanic

Kyranria NPNB WE