Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Elixirs Cooldowns

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tesq

Re: WE/WH Elixirs Cooldowns

Post#61 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am

i had something in mind for ap too but since someone talk about speed buff i ride the train, it is true that any speed buff group wide is strong but at the right condition is counterable provide it break on skill use(no cleanse, no hot, no attack no hold the line, etc) which is where most good speed buff dont and provide a60 sec/2 min cd or more it could be a nice fast engage/disengace in rvr for flank group/wb.

still not really forcing this idea, i tough it would had benn something cool to talk about; it can end here for me if ppl feel it too good.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Nabaro

Post#62 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:58 am

Miszczu5647 wrote:I was thinking about 7s ap cost decrease for whole party. Numbers for discussion.
Only if this make all skills free for use, not just AP cost. For example Khaine Soul Essense free cost or BG HATE free cost. Otherwise it's useless, in the game so many ways to increse your AP - Potions, skills, books, buffs and group buffs... etc

If you already want to make the group elixir, it must be really unique. Such that, would make people wanna to take you in a group.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Miszczu5647

Post#63 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am

As this is Balance Forum at this point topic should be concluded and direction of further discussion should be pointed.
Aurandilaz, could you make some conclusion as this is your topic?
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Aurandilaz

Post#64 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 am

Well, I'd love the reflect dmg back on attacker idea (50% abouts?)
AP is zero issue, with so many ways to gain AP anyway
Sprint will never happen, since the original idea here is to get Elixirs down from 60 sec to 30 sec, meaning no grand buffs to them, but in case of EoB/VHS maybe some tweaking. (especially in case of WE that has SwiftMovements tactic + Flee, no one wants another imbalanced offensive long distance sprinter like 2nd WL into the game)

How about generic "defensive buff", say 50% crit reduction chance and +25% parry/dodge/disrupt chance for 7 seconds?
EoB would be decent sell buff for short duration, but wouldn't beat EoC when protecting against magical caster (BW) and wouldn't make EoIP(SOD) less wanted due to its offensive combat value.
Ideally some values that allow it to have 30 sec CD, so that it may actually end up being used in combat from time to time instead of resting at 60 secs like morals do.

Aurandilaz

Post#65 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 am

Miszczu5647 wrote:As this is Balance Forum at this point topic should be concluded and direction of further discussion should be pointed.
Aurandilaz, could you make some conclusion as this is your topic?
Well I'd to conclude things but I don't my opinions have that much value when it comes to summing things up, anyway;

30 sec EoIP/SoD seems hardly to bother no one, allows WE/WH combat performance to levels closer of currently more "meta"/fotm classes.
30 sec on current EoB/VHS doesn't matter if the ability itself is bad and not worth using. Would probably need an entirely new balance thread just dedicated for fixing that into something worth using. Taking maybe top 5 ideas from this thread and starting a new thread just focused on fixing those 2.
30 sec on EoC/SoM, some feel this would be too strong, some argue that rdps game is still strong especially due to mechanic changes where BW/Sorc can still score through due to adding offensive strikethrough above 100. Maybe if this buff is changed to Blessing, it would be able to be countered by well playing party, not to mention well playing rdps would see the buff/blessing on the victim and just wait those 7 seconds until delivering their deadly burst in from distance.

so maybe some final arguments as to whether 30 sec cd on EoC/SoM could be accepted, and maybe under which tweaks (say 40 sec CD or actually just buffing 75% disrupt? - or turning it into Blessing?)

Tesq

Post#66 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 pm

now that avoidance work even o dots i dotn get how you can seriously think of lower a 100% avoidnce skill under 50 sec CD, m1 for melee have 1 min cd, 2 skill give we/wh total avodiance from ANY hit in game every 1 min . You also have a escape skill

I seriously doubt any of you need a defense boost sy ......
Aurandilaz wrote:
How about generic "defensive buff", say 50% crit reduction chance and +25% parry/dodge/disrupt chance for 7 seconds?
this is exatly what would be op YOU all have to keep in mind that you can circle these buff if you spec for it, the lower the cd the best is the re cycle and your defense increase not proportionally but esponentially. In this direction a speed boost 10-15% break on skill use is very very less powerfull than an avoidance re cycle spam like that(again just to make an exemple). Also the CD need to be propper due the effect.
A 60 sec cd is fit for 100% avoidnce skill you can lower it a bit but just a bit..

Krima

Post#67 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:00 pm

IMO
EoIP/SoD = 30 secs
EoB/VHS = completly rework ..new thread to talk about it
EoC/SoM = 40 or 45 secs ...
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#68 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Would it make sense to make SoM and EoC do different things? Destro has 2 magic dps classes, and Order has 2 physical rdps classes, so should EoC gives 100% dodge for 7 secs insteqd of disrupt? This may be terrible, so ignore if true. Dont know if BW are more or less annoying to welfs than Engi/SW.

Could go full deftard and keep 1 minute cd but make both give 100% dodge disrupt
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Nabaro

Post#69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Well, if we finish everything for "only CD discuss". I will do as Krima.
EoIP/SoD = 30 sec
EoB/VHS = 20 sec for now (and future rework)
EoC/SoM = 45 sec

will be nice. IMHO
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Miszczu5647

Post#70 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 pm

No future rework. Make a proposition regarding EoB. If it will fit a format and won't be trolling attempt then I am sure Penril will move it to discussion.
Especially that this thread will be locked soon for review as 2 weeks has passed.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen