Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Chosen] Oppression

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Tesq

Re: [chosen] Oppression

Post#21 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Tesq wrote:-Since penril told is up to me
-since recent changes to BO
-and propably general balance direction towards 13+1 skills i gona update the proposal

I propose to keep the currently fix im proposing for oppression + add a 5-7% crit chance reduction in x feet (max 30 can be lower; is up to dev)
You mean like a small anti-crit aura or as a buff that is placed and can be shattered?
mah i supposd aura like not shatterable due have low range, that's why i said between 5-7% and max 30 feet and leave it up to dev

like 7% in 25 feets or 5% in 30 feet. as radius would play an important role; also it would not apply to rdps so basically

oppression would work well in small radious vs melee
rending blade + cripple strike work in medium radium vs front line and mid line
tzeench reflection work vs back line or rather magic caster

cripple strike have an edge because in rvr it can reach even caster with rending blade but you are 2h so shoudl all be balanced out

so kinda oppression do what tzeench reflection do into another department with out either abosrb what TR do nor either be inferior to it as13+1 skill. I supposee anyway dev can baslance fine radius x % x ench/buff type.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm

-and propably general balance direction towards 13+1 skills i gona update the proposal

I propose to keep the currently fix im proposing for oppression + add a 5-7% crit chance reduction in x feet (max 30 can be lower; is up to dev)
Take a look at BG FoF, why should chosen get something that's AoE and in most cases reduces chance to get crit even more? I know FoF doesn't require you to hit anything, but it's still tied to a career mechanic which in certain cases isn't available and thus adds unreliability to said skill aswell. If proposal 2a is implemented in conjunction with adding the effect, you will also have twice the uptime BG gets, in addition to the damage reduction component lacking from BG. Just mentioning this as comparing chosen to other classes has not been an issue in this thread before.
Rip Phalanx

Tesq

Post#23 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:39 pm

lefze wrote:

Take a look at BG FoF, why should chosen get something that's AoE and in most cases reduces chance to get crit even more? I know FoF doesn't require you to hit anything, but it's still tied to a career mechanic which in certain cases isn't available and thus adds unreliability to said skill aswell. If proposal 2a is implemented in conjunction with adding the effect, you will also have twice the uptime BG gets, in addition to the damage reduction component lacking from BG. Just mentioning this as comparing chosen to other classes has not been an issue in this thread before.
0-bg one is way WAY better in crit reduction than this.
1-the range make it quite limiting; range can be further be limited, up to dev to balance it imo as they see fit.
2-the value is very low 5-7%, it can be 5 regardless while bg/kobs boost crit chance for 10% is still inferior to any tank crit boost
3-order side sufferering from wide-group crit stack syndrome.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Its still an aoe version of one of the only good, unique single target buffs BG gets. Chosen needs less aoe buffs that are as good or better than other single target buffs, not more.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tesq

Post#25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Its still an aoe version of one of the only good, unique single target buffs BG gets. Chosen needs less aoe buffs that are as good or better than other single target buffs, not more.
how much is bg durrently crit reduction from force of fury? they should be 2 totally different things....

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm

At 100 hate, reduces chance to be crit by 45%. Note, this isn't flat chance reduction, but rather multiplicative. I.e. you have 10% chance to be crit, it reduces chance to be crit by 4.5%.

Chosen already have Flawless Armor if they wish to reduce their own chance to be crit, and its super easy to get zero chance to be crit with that plus gear. My rr41 Chosen is wearing anni/ruin, and I have 0.6% chance to be crit with flawless armor on. So if youre making this out as a Chosen panic button, they dont need more crit reduction.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

lefze
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Wait, how is the BG version better? It's not a flat 45% decrease man, if you have 10% chance to get crit the BG buff leaves you at 5.5% for example, making it a 4.5% decrease. The only cases where the BG one is better is if your buddy doesn't give a rats ass about inc crit%, and then most likely has no initiative leaving him with massive inc crit numbers regardless. Wile your change more or less enable a whole frontline to spec comfortably for 5-7% inc crit and let you reduce that to 0, or spec into negatives making your buff WAY better than BGs.

Edit: What crom said.
Rip Phalanx

Tesq

Post#28 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:52 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:At 100 hate, reduces chance to be crit by 45%. Note, this isn't flat chance reduction, but rather multiplicative. I.e. you have 10% chance to be crit, it reduces chance to be crit by 4.5%.

Chosen already have Flawless Armor if they wish to reduce their own chance to be crit, and its super easy to get zero chance to be crit with that plus gear. My rr41 Chosen is wearing anni/ruin, and I have 0.6% chance to be crit with flawless armor on. So if youre making this out as a Chosen panic button, they dont need more crit reduction.
reduces an aoe low % of crit chance is not aim to sefl defense is done to give oppression an utility as penril said which is counter order groupwide /aoe not single player/target crit increase

FOF counter ini debuff atm not flat% increase as you said, also armor buff componet stack with anything after last changes; these are 2 completly different things..... Also oppressin is a debuff FoF is a buff they would actually stack....

furthermore FoF crit reduction can be either 0 at 100% hate if the player have 0 chance to be crit. Fof atm revolme more about buffing armor than any crit reductiont; also BG alredy have a crit debuff called crush the weak which can be keep up on 2 target since last 10 sec cd is 5

25%> 5-7% sy
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm

lefze wrote:Wait, how is the BG version better? It's not a flat 45% decrease man, if you have 10% chance to get crit the BG buff leaves you at 5.5% for example, making it a 4.5% decrease. The only cases where the BG one is better is if your buddy doesn't give a rats ass about inc crit%, and then most likely has no initiative leaving him with massive inc crit numbers regardless. Wile your change more or less enable a whole frontline to spec comfortably for 5-7% inc crit and let you reduce that to 0, or spec into negatives making your buff WAY better than BGs.

How about the part with the also stacking armor buff?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

lefze
Suspended

Post#30 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
lefze wrote:Wait, how is the BG version better? It's not a flat 45% decrease man, if you have 10% chance to get crit the BG buff leaves you at 5.5% for example, making it a 4.5% decrease. The only cases where the BG one is better is if your buddy doesn't give a rats ass about inc crit%, and then most likely has no initiative leaving him with massive inc crit numbers regardless. Wile your change more or less enable a whole frontline to spec comfortably for 5-7% inc crit and let you reduce that to 0, or spec into negatives making your buff WAY better than BGs.

How about the part with the also stacking armor buff?
Compared to (proposed) 100% uptime 15% damage reduction? I say double the armor buff.
Rip Phalanx