Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [KOTBS] Glory Tree

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
wargnidalulz

Re: [KOTBS] Focused Mending

Post#21 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Penril wrote:Declining. We don't like Focused Mending anyway (gaining awesome buffs just by activating an aura and standing still). FM will be changed in the future, you can be sure of that.
This is a quote from the proposal to change Embrace the Winds into Focused Mending but keeping it at 12p for chosen. Is this quote not the direction the team is going anymore? I for one am waiting on the pending(?) changes to the class mechanic, so seeing proposals moving to discussion for the mechanic mirror is a bit confusing to say the least.

OT: I do not agree with nerfing utility on any tank, that's what tank's should bring to the group. Movig FM to 12p would force the Knight to choose between Vigilance and Slice Through if going for FM. Aoe detaunt or group utility, having to choose what you want and not being able to get all the goodies is enough to not warrant any % change for FM.
Qep

Ads
Penril

Post#22 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm

wargnidalulz wrote:
Penril wrote:Declining. We don't like Focused Mending anyway (gaining awesome buffs just by activating an aura and standing still). FM will be changed in the future, you can be sure of that.
This is a quote from the proposal to change Embrace the Winds into Focused Mending but keeping it at 12p for chosen. Is this quote not the direction the team is going anymore? .
It is? I mean, isn't that exactly what we are discussing here? changing FM?

wargnidalulz

Post#23 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Penril wrote:It is? I mean, isn't that exactly what we are discussing here? changing FM?
That post would imply changing the effect of FM not merely altering it, but fair enough.
Qep

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Focus Mending's power is fine. The problem is that it's on Kotbs rather then any other tank.

Pacso

Post#25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Spoiler:
rmpl wrote:1. Identify the issue.
a very powerful zero effort tactic
The way i feel about all destro morale generating tactics.
Irrelevant.
Zzharg Madeye

xtc1999
Banned

Post#26 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:53 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Focus Mending's power is fine. The problem is that it's on Kotbs rather then any other tank.
Pretty much, I'd say give this to SM which now (or soon) without the double spirit debuff will be kinda lackluster (due to low or atleast not as high as before dmg)
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

Charon

Post#27 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 pm

1. Replace FM with MS
2. Fix MS to the point where glory based build will not be total garbage (knight don't have option for ofensive snb play like SM and even IB) FM is last thing which makes glory tree usable for group play. Was not SotS nerfed recently? Or just say that nerfing glory tree tend to limit efectivnes of knight resistance aura wich is superior to SF with or without FM.
3. Move Runefang to conquest tree
Spoiler:
4. Stop claiming that Knight is overperforming and is milage ahead Chosen
5. Stop this "whole campain" to nerf order chars which is pushed by some "vocal" destucion biased players recently
You had to ruin it. Warning issued.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

zumos2

Post#28 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 pm

Tesq wrote:@zumos 2, tactic are all passive dont hold much true......tactics which are linked to passive effect (which in this case cannot even be cancelled) are a thing , tactics which are linked to an active skill with a CD are another.

The first type which also stack (additive 25+15=40% ) with tactic of the same type(from runy, best healer on order side) is OP, there is even need to tell why? heal debuff is 50% , heal buff is 40%, 10% remaining heal debuff is horrendous.
Its still passive then, but the whole point is that the fact that it is easier to use is not an argument. And you cannot single out 1 mechanic and say it is overpowered. You need to look at total order versus destruction balance. If order is overperforming then that could be a reason to look as such stacking mechanic. But either side has some unique things going for them, isolating them and calling it OP is just not the right way to balance the game.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Osred

Post#29 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 pm

If it has to be changed how about it be changed to a trigger like dirty tricks? Only active when the knight defends an attack, or if youre adamant on nerfing it further, when the player itself defends an attack.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Tesq

Post#30 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 am

@zumos you are incorrect the fact that something was/is too easy to use had alredy been used to justify changes to overperforming things especially on ch/kobs

Also that tactic is not a meccanic, the auras are. The fact that it force you a specific aura have to do with tbe quality of the build and in this case tbe tactic would be ok , 5% more or less, if runy do not had another one of the same kind ...... but since it have it. ..

looking at total balance of realms dont help aswell as it stand now there is nothing offensivly on destru which balance directly a 40% heal increase or defensivly a 100% update time a 15% more healing.
it basically nullify the a whole heal debuff and influencev 6 ppl while destru single tactic are not only present on some classes ( only ch and d.elf) and even if they would on all they would require an impressing tactic tax.. Even if there was a single ability to fill this huge difference this would just make it mandatory in comp. So op.

You cant even bug out crit stacking because in potential sm and ib can remove 45% crit where destru can grup buff and st debuff with ch/bg/mara a 30% atm. The rest is perfect mirror or is in plus to counter order AA speed tactic.

My only problem with this is that glory mastery is not exatly super fine and runy as zealot tactic have a value which is anyway per se op so any problem due the 2 tactic stacking is fault of both tactic not only kobs one. For exemple if runy waa 15-20% and kobs was 10 % that would be 25-30% which is alredy enough imo.