[Review - Brief] [Choppa] Come and Git it!

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Panzerkasper

[Review - Brief] [Choppa] Come and Git it!

Post#1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 am

Identify the issue:
Come and Git it! requires enemies to be within 20 feet of the Choppa to go to it's full potential. 20 feet is a pretty small radius, this is not such a huge deal in WB size fights, but in small scale it suffers heavily. Imagine a 6vs6 scenario, 2 healers will stand out of your range anyways and if you are fighting a rdps group, you may only have two tanks on you.

Solutions:

1. The most obvious one: Increase the range for the enemys taken into account. 30feet seems legit.

2. Make Come and Git it! stacking up on beeing hit. Stacks up to 6 times and give it an icd (1sec maybe) so it's not up to full potential in an instant.

I highly doubt this will change a lot in balance, making the class op in any way. It will not change a lot in WB size fights, but it will be a bit of a quality of life change in smaller fights. Also toughness is a pretty viable stat for Choppa since it is the only def-stat that is not reduced by his mechanic and it is a bit of a compensation for the almost mandatory tactic Don't wanna live foreva.

Edit: Whatever the outcome, ofc this concerns also the Slayer mirror skill Even the Odds

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Penril

Re: [Choppa] Come and Git it!

Post#2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Moving to discussions.

Kali14
Banned

Post#3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Spoiler:
This should be definetly bufff because dansari is **** noob and must hit harder in wargrimnir empty black head.
You are of course banned from the BDF, but I can safely guess this will have other repercussions.

Tesq

Post#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:50 pm

i think solution number 2 will be better (cuz with the 1 it will still have a horrible weaknes) ; the range is too problematic imo it also dont behaviour well vs rdps plus form of ranged CC in general (and so which prevent you from use the skill itself due range/being disable).
Moreover is more in line after considering why you are going to use that skill and also the way bring da pain works. It's just make sense they perform similary in opposite way.

oaliaen

Post#5 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:48 pm

2 would be awesome...give some love to choppa.

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Does it even stack with the rest of abundace of toughness buffs in the game? (It didn't last time I checked) If it doesn't it's a GDC better spent on something else like a HoT potion which is more effective and does actually stack with other stuff.

At moast you will get 240 from this (if you manage to hit 6 enemies, have no other buff and max the mastery) but the averge actual boost will be around 50-80 toughness. In many situations it's not gona do anything at all as you allready got a buff and doesn't hit more enemies then the higher toughness boost you allready got.

Also if you got a Shaman in the group you will basicly have a perma version of the maxed out buff pretty much consistantly.

This would be better to be changed to a flat damage reduction as it got much worse conflicts then range and the how it racks up stacks.

Tesq

Post#7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:29 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Does it even stack with the rest of abundace of toughness buffs in the game? (It didn't last time I checked) If it doesn't it's a GDC better spent on something else like a HoT potion which is more effective and does actually stack with other stuff.

At moast you will get 240 from this (if you manage to hit 6 enemies, have no other buff and max the mastery) but the averge actual boost will be around 50-80 toughness. In many situations it's not gona do anything at all as you allready got a buff and doesn't hit more enemies then the higher toughness boost you allready got.

Also if you got a Shaman in the group you will basicly have a perma version of the maxed out buff pretty much consistantly.

This would be better to be changed to a flat damage reduction as it got much worse conflicts then range and the how it racks up stacks.
yes but you need to bring a shammy for that and is not coevalent to both sides(and these ae perfectly mirrored but core skills while shammy need to spec that), alredy give an option more be it cuz no shammy or shammy is in diff spec can alredy make this viable, with out turn this in a mega buff to chop/slayer imo

Acidic

Post#8 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Not convinced of the need for buffing given the argument of range. This sounds like a decent situational issue.
The game should not be dumbed down to all skills are good for all situations.

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't agree with #2 but increasing to guard range sounds like a nice QOL change.
Spoiler:
I'm also in favor of dropping the cooldown to 30s as opposed to 1min, but I think that should be the case for a great number of high cooldown abilities in game, not necessarily because of a broken or underperforming ability.
<Salt Factory>

Panzerkasper

Post#10 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:07 pm

dansari wrote:I don't agree with #2 but increasing to guard range sounds like a nice QOL change.
Spoiler:
I'm also in favor of dropping the cooldown to 30s as opposed to 1min, but I think that should be the case for a great number of high cooldown abilities in game, not necessarily because of a broken or underperforming ability.
Honestly, i am not a fan of my own option 1. I proposed it for the sake of it and because i knew some1 would inevitably come up with it anyway ;)
On the first glance option 2 sounds like a huge buff, but also it takes 6 seconds to build up, wich can be an eternity in combat.
Also it buffs up to 150, i don't know how roadkillrobin comes to 240 :?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen