Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Sorc] Gloom of Night

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
daniilpb

Re: [Sorc] Gloom of Night [Close Date May 19]

Post#21 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:26 pm I personally would say, just leave it be. Some people have no use neither for GoN or BH.
Again, you just don't know how to cook it.
Also it's personal choice - fast mechanics or DoTs + AoE. Both ways work depending on playstyle.
For direct GoN is much less beneficial as it can break detaunt quite unpleasantly. Other than that it's DoT that is just little over GCD to cast. 10 sec cooldown is same as WoP, so you don't lose much as you can't burst target any faster. Does spirit damage that sorc can debuff resists for.

Stop whining, deal with what you have.
Some people even find use for Shades of Death even it never crits.
There is no recipe for those skills. You can not use them at all and stay effective. Or use it and change nothing. Of course, from pug perspective you can use everything and act like you are doing a great job but in fact you are not. BH: Marauder and SH can debuff initiative much better and in more reliable way (SH can apply it with any aoe skill keeping 100% uptime of the debuff).
This is the question of simple effectiveness and viability.
Spoiler:
"Stop whining, deal with what you have." - try to say it to people whining about OP guardian WLs and see how it will go for you. One of the stupidest things I've ever read, "best" reply to any underperforming aspect of the game.

Don't make harassing statements in balance forum just because someone disagrees with you - Dan
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#22 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 pm

daniilpb wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm There is no recipe for those skills. You can not use them at all and stay effective. Or use it and change nothing. Of course, from pug perspective you can use everything and act like you are doing a great job but in fact you are not. BH: Marauder and SH can debuff initiative much better and in more reliable way (SH can apply it with any aoe skill keeping 100% uptime of the debuff).
This is the question of simple effectiveness and viability.
Learn timings for direct.
Check how tanks burn on keep siege under BH.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"Stop whining, deal with what you have." - try to say it to people whining about OP guardian WLs and see how it will go for you. One of the stupidest things I've ever read, "best" reply to any underperforming aspect of the game.
Sure. Good to see smart people around to counter me.
I apologize for my inability to reach your intelligence level.
Don't make harassing statements in balance forum just because someone disagrees with you - Dan
Image Image

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:17 pm

OldSerpenT, if you play in an organized guild warband, you will be running specs that neither include Black Horror nor Gloom of Night. my current bomb spec on Sorc: http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... mt=5429&t=
Maybe some people spec for midtree to increase IS dmg, but it's far better to get ID so you can get 40 mechanics allowing more SP to be used for direct deadly dmg, something that doesn't go through double lottery like DoTs do.
Black Horror itself does less dmg that SS (so if you want dmg, use the other 3 sec spell), and the Init debuff is easier available to Mara or SH, who do not need 3 sec cast time and praying to RNGesus that it doesn't get disrupted.
And no ability is balanced for the purpose of keep fighting, in open field you should not stand still that long (3 sec, anything can happen) for an ability that hits less than the other 3sec spell and Init debuff which is far easier available to other classes. In those 3 seconds you could have used 3 other abilities instead, giving your enemy 3 free seconds to make moves instead of spending those 3 seconds getting a full AoE blast from the Sorc that aims for a quick death.

And if your 6man runs a Sorc that spends part of their burst rotation casting GoN, well, these truly are the Endtimes. It doesn't help you with bursting down people, and neither does it really helps in AoEing things down. 2 sec is a long cast time, so the result better be deadly, but in case of GoN its fluffly.

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#24 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Spoiler:
Um. Dunno how admitting myself saying stupidest things is harassing, but ok.
"I apologize for my inability to reach your intelligence level." Let's drop it and focus discussion around the proposal. - Dan
Image Image

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#25 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Random facts.
BH is corporeal, SS is spiritual.
GoN is spiritual.
Frozen Touch is corporeal. It crits. Frozen Fury makes it proc a lot -> every extra tick does more extra damage. There are rumors that GoN ticks.
If you have Chosen that debuffs resists - it doesn't matter spiritual or corporeal.
If you have Magus that debuffs resists - you may want spiritual.
Zealot debuffs armor and lots of corporeal resistance.
For choppa reducing armor is efficient.
Common DD setup is sorc + choppa.
Image Image

Ridduk

Post#26 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:00 pm

also dok covenant +PC tactic

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#27 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:45 pm

I don't know about DoKs covenants, I know that for sorcerer GoN is the only DoT that causes Frozen Touch to proc when it ticks, along with all other things that proc. And it's AoE.

Please, don't "fix" it. It has its' own mechanics unique for sorc. The fact some players don't know how to apply this mechanics doesn't mean that ability is useless.

P.S. No, FT actually doesn't crit. Seems like I confused it with CW tick in past.
Image Image

Acidic

Post#28 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 am

The current form of GoN makes it not even situational , 2 sec cast for limited upfront damage followed by unreliable dots means it’s effect are negligible .
Marking this instant would at least bring it into the picture when specing.
But black horror 3 secs cast. Well there we have a spell only for the foolhardy to try and get off.

Ads
dansari

Re: [Sorc] Gloom of Night

Post#29 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:58 am

Locking
<Salt Factory>