Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Engi] Blunderbuss - Corporeal Damage

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
dansari

Re: [Engi] Blunderbuss - Corporeal Damage [Close Date May 19]

Post#41 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Ramasee wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 pm So the real question is, how much does blunderbuss need a buff, and against which types of targets?
To be fair, the question is also: "does it need a buff?"
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Komode

Post#42 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 pm

I would say - not that ability.
Phalanx/Zerg
Atrocob - Engineer 40/50+
Kuporoz - BW 40/50+
Larkuz - BO 40/50+
Larkus - Mara 40/49
Komet - SH 40/54+
Fellow - BG 40/40+
Uglic - Shaman 40/50+

Ramasee

Post#43 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 pm

I would say that the amount blunderbuss needs to be buffed is zero on all targets, so therefore No, it does not need a buff. The hex that plagues an engineers damage is on page 3 of this forum thread. (Pun intended)

Renork

Post#44 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 am

dansari wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm
Ramasee wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 pm So the real question is, how much does blunderbuss need a buff, and against which types of targets?
To be fair, the question is also: "does it need a buff?"
I don't think that anyone here has given a valid reason on why the ability needs to be touched. The last thing we need are zergs of engies BB'ing the crap out of destro with undisruptable corp aoe :^) I see plenty of excellent engies that do well in both ST and AE settings.

Glorian

Post#45 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:14 am

Renork wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 am I don't think that anyone here has given a valid reason on why the ability needs to be touched. The last thing we need are zergs of engies BB'ing the crap out of destro with undisruptable corp aoe :^) I see plenty of excellent engies that do well in both ST and AE settings.
What does makes Blunderbuss undisruptable?
A change of Damage Type doesnt change that it can be blocked, resisted etc.

Renork

Post#46 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:26 am

Glorian wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:14 am
Renork wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 am I don't think that anyone here has given a valid reason on why the ability needs to be touched. The last thing we need are zergs of engies BB'ing the crap out of destro with undisruptable corp aoe :^) I see plenty of excellent engies that do well in both ST and AE settings.
What does makes Blunderbuss undisruptable?
A change of Damage Type doesnt change that it can be blocked, resisted etc.
Like I said, change all engie attacks so that you face the same avoidance checks as your mirror and you can totally have BB be corporeal. If you really can’t understand why changing BB to corporeal damage is a bad idea, then I have nothing else to say to add to the conversation. Once you have your rotations and majority of your dots disrupted by more than half the classes on the opposite faction, then you’ll scream to have your attacks be changed back to physical :^)

ToXoS

Post#47 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am

Engies cannot have it both ways.
For some reasons, they already do a lot of corporeal damage while facing a dodge check instead of a disrupt check, which is a bad game design in the first place imo when you know how easily stackable disrupt is.
So I don't think engies need more corporeal damage.
If you want to deal magical damage, play magus and have fun with all the disrupt.

dansari

Post#48 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:12 pm

To counter: isn't it only very apparent when trying to kill healers? In an rvr setting, isn't most of your damage going to land on 2h tanks and mdps anyway, making the disrupt argument a moot point?
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#49 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Enginer have piercing defenses, making target Dodge and Block 15% lower, does mages have something like that? I think not
Does Mage have autoattacks? I think not

I think there is other ranged clases which only suffered nerfs, none buff. Nothing like enginer which had turret damage + range buff increased by a huge amount...which need more love

Glorian

Post#50 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Lektroluv wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:41 pm Enginer have piercing defenses, making target Dodge and Block 15% lower, does mages have something like that? I think not
Does Mage have autoattacks? I think not

I think there is other ranged clases which only suffered nerfs, none buff. Nothing like enginer which had turret damage + range buff increased by a huge amount...which need more love
If you think another ranged class needs a buff please write a proposal for them.
If the damage/Range buff would have made the engi anything but OP then he would be roaming the lakes like a WL and everyone on the other side would write whine threads about him. The last time this happened was when the Range buff was introduced on a +50% Range increase which was then reduced to a +25% Range increase.
Followed by the Keg-Whine-Nerf.

@Pierce Defense:
Yes, that is one of the Big Boons of the Engi spamming BB with that tactic. All while at the same time doing something like 60 damage on a Tank which Block he is removing. We even have one Bad Engineer in the warband with low BS that is causing all the enemies to Dodge/Block and thus putting the debuff on them. Still in a warband enviroment you would take any other AoE DPS class over an Engineer to get the Job done. Be it a BW, Slayer or even an AoE SW with physical Damage, but twice the damage numbers and more Range and Castable on the move.