Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
daniilpb

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#91 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Would be good if I could get more feedback from SW players: would you pick this ability, how do you feel reward/cost balance after recent tweaks
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#92 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 pm

daniilpb wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm Would be good if I could get more feedback from SW players: would you pick this ability, how do you feel reward/cost balance after recent tweaks
I honestly think its not a greatfor Scout's problems. Especially in organized groups (though I know limited groups run SW's in them). Being 70% snared = death in most situations against competent MDPS. Also having it's damage "spike" be so long doesn't really synergizes with the damage rotations which generally is applied within 4-5 GCD's while their guard is separated and at least one healer is disabled (staggered) and usually the second is silenced. It might be effective with a FA > RF > FtW > GA but even then a ASW brings equal or more burst with the Ini debuff.

It would be interesting to see in practice and theory crafting can only get us so far honestly. But i'm always up for trying new things and this doesn't negatively impact any other part of SW's so imo screw it lets try it out.
<Montague><Capulet>

Mystriss

Post#93 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm
Mystriss wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm I think you folks have misread me because that's absolutely not ego.

There is only the festering ire of four years of debate with the devs in live because they refused to properly balance our class. I am /bitter/ about the stuff I believe you are thinking is ego - because it caused my guild family (I ran an all SW guild) to stop playing, it caused /me/ to stop playing, it caused /most/ SW's to stop playing. They ruined most of us hard-core SW players enjoyment of the class with indiscriminate applications of "moar damage" and OP escape tools like self-punt (and that's starting on the base of them using UF as a balance band-aid from the word go, and ignoring us long time SW advisors (to players and devs) who were constantly telling them that UF was a terrible thing.)

Disgust perhaps, ego not so much...

I guess whatever, ya'll want to chalk me up as being egotistical it's okay ~shrug~ I've dealt with far worse heat from fellow SW's who have different opinions about the classes design/goals/etc :lol:
1) Being in an all-SW guild doesn't equate to anything when it comes to balance, as balance is done around competent play in a proper group-upwards environmentn;

2) 'Most of us hard-core SW players'

3) 'Us long-time SW advisors'

4) 'Singlehandedly killed zergs'

5) 'Not many stance tripped like I did'

6) 'It made /ME/ stop playing'

Such stuff is irrelevant to the discusion at hand, and can come across preachy - as if your opinion/experiences should hold some extra importance over others. It's up to you whether or not you choose to take my comments personally (I don't mind either way), just keep the superhero personna toned down a bit - cheers.

Please clarify if this is an official warning/infraction or if I am allowed to speak for my commentary on this regard.
It's neither an infraction, nor is it a warning; just some friendly advice. You do have a lot of good points, but quite often they get distorted. Just keep it relevant, specific and tailored to the OP is all I ask (this goes for a great many people btw, so if you feel that I am singling you out deliberately, I assure you that I am not).

If you wish to discuss it further then PM me, as I would prefer to desist from any more to-and-fro in this thread. - ptp3

Mystriss

Post#94 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 pm

daniilpb wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm Would be good if I could get more feedback from SW players: would you pick this ability, how do you feel reward/cost balance after recent tweaks
As I noted, I'm not a fan of scout stance so my opinion is null.

However, I will ask some folks to come check it out and give their opinions.

Darks63

Post#95 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm

I know i'm not R40/RR41 yet on mine but i cant see myself taking it. One of the reasons i quit my rifle engineer was that setting up high damage while immobile was problematic outside of certain situations. If anything what truly hurts scout is the lack of mobility inherent in the stance itself. This ability as currently stated will only exacerbate this issue.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

darude83
Suspended

Post#96 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:45 pm

At least Maras/Tanks will be happy bc they don't have to waste their m1s on SWs with that build.

Wasn't your intention to give Scout some grp viability? Does it sound like a great idea, to have a squishy range class snare itself in the current melee meta?

Help me understand what you're trying to achieve with this ability, because right now it looks like something highly situational.

Is this about the dream nuking a target a kotbs punted flying in the air with rapid fire like some flak cannon?
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

dansari

Post#97 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 am

I wouldn't take it if it snares you that much. The biggest hit would be the range nerf while in Skirmish, and then the snare could just be killer when fights turn in an instant.
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#98 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 am

Snare component was deleted.
Keep feedback coming.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Ads
Elftwin95

Post#99 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 am

Spoiler:
I would be intrested in this skill, seems very intresting but since my knowledge of game mecanics are very limited if will refrain from questioning why the skill would deal spirit damage instead of physical or such. Keeo up the brainstorming. :)
No oneup-esque posts. Why are you interested? Ask why the OP suggests spirit damage instead of physical, etc. - ptp3
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

daniilpb

Post#100 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 am

Elftwin95 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 am I would be intrested in this skill, seems very intresting but since my knowledge of game mecanics are very limited if will refrain from questioning why the skill would deal spirit damage instead of physical or such. Keeo up the brainstorming. :)
Spirit damage type should provide an opportunity for racial synergy since AM and SM can debuff spirit resistance. Also High Elves deal only Spirit damage as magical damage (Festering Arrow is an exception).
After all, shadows most likely will deal spirit damage.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.