Recent Topics

Ads

[Rune Priest] Rune of Battle

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Toldavf

Re: [Rune Priest] Rune of Battle [Close Date: 29th May]

Post#21 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Mcgotrek wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 am Anyone who has tried a dps rp will know that there's no hiding in the bushes with this class. And before calling this proposal 'op' please know that RoB can be severed by Chosen/WE/Doks and you can punt away the character who has it on him.
DoKs can't remove blessings last i looked, not that they would or should be getting this blessing in particular because of the prehots from healers.

If he can be punted that just seems like fair and honest counter play to me and not a cause, or a contributing factor, or any grounds for buff.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Mcgotrek

Post#22 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Toldavf wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 pm
Mcgotrek wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 am Anyone who has tried a dps rp will know that there's no hiding in the bushes with this class. And before calling this proposal 'op' please know that RoB can be severed by Chosen/WE/Doks and you can punt away the character who has it on him.
DoKs can't remove blessings last i looked, not that they would or should be getting this blessing in particular because of the prehots from healers.

If he can be punted that just seems like fair and honest counter play to me and not a cause, or a contributing factor, or any grounds for buff.
That is indeed a fair and honest counter play. The answer was made for the person who called it 'op' of all things :)
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Mcgotrek

Post#23 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:34 pm

There are some good arguments so far, even though I dont agree with them all. So I propose a third proposal: Making RoB instant but make it 100 ft range (down from 150).
What we get: No cast time.
What we lose: Lose of safety to cast it from. No more 'hiding in the bushes' as someone said.

Thoughts?
Lowki Lyesmith
Mogens Wyrdmake

adamthelc

Post#24 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm

I dont agree with this logic at all.

It's true that mobility is an asset to a rdps. If that a valid reason to make something instant cast, the argument could be made for literally every single cast time ability in the game

I realize you also said that the spec is underperforming, even if we argued on the assumption that is true. There isnt a good justification on why this is the change than needs to be made.

Lets say the spec is underperforming, RoB is arguably the best ability for the spec. Why focus on making the best ability better and not making some of the worse abilities more worthwhile.

If there were an actual reason to make it better, that's one thing. It seems like the argument is just, making this ability instant would make it better. While that true it doesn't really justify why that specific change should be the change to make the spec better.

Just seems like a dull and uninspired way to help the spec.

Mcgotrek

Post#25 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:42 pm

adamthelc wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm I dont agree with this logic at all.

It's true that mobility is an asset to a rdps. If that a valid reason to make something instant cast, the argument could be made for literally every single cast time ability in the game

I realize you also said that the spec is underperforming, even if we argued on the assumption that is true. There isnt a good justification on why this is the change than needs to be made.

Lets say the spec is underperforming, RoB is arguably the best ability for the spec. Why focus on making the best ability better and not making some of the worse abilities more worthwhile.

If there were an actual reason to make it better, that's one thing. It seems like the argument is just, making this ability instant would make it better. While that true it doesn't really justify why that specific change should be the change to make the spec better.

- Im not making a proposal for every single cast time ability in the game right now. Im making it for RoB as a dps rp. Hence this specific proposal.
- The justification as to why this proposal is here is found on page one. Perhaps you dont agree on that idea, and that's fair enough.
- I focus on this ability because I like it as a dps rp and it's very important for warbands. But it has its positive/negative sides and thereforeI thought I would toss up this idea to change it a bit. Feel free to make a new proposal on some of the other abilities.
- If these ideas seem dull and uninspired, I'd be happy to hear what ideas you have. I'll edit them in when you get one.

Regards
Lowki Lyesmith
Mogens Wyrdmake

adamthelc

Post#26 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Mcgotrek wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:42 pm
adamthelc wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm I dont agree with this logic at all.

- Im not making a proposal for every single cast time ability in the game right now. Im making it for RoB as a dps rp. Hence this specific proposal.
- The justification as to why this proposal is here is found on page one. Perhaps you dont agree on that idea, and that's fair enough.
- I focus on this ability because I like it as a dps rp and it's very important for warbands. But it has its positive/negative sides and thereforeI thought I would toss up this idea to change it a bit. Feel free to make a new proposal on some of the other abilities.
- If these ideas seem dull and uninspired, I'd be happy to hear what ideas you have. I'll edit them in when you get one.

Regards
I think I hit on both of your justifications. RP dps is underperforming and mobility is better than cast times. I am also not discussing any other cast time abilities, I was just pointing out whole the cast time vs instant dilemma is not an issue specific to the RP and this specific ability.

I dont have any great ideas.

I do know that I have tried to play dps RP from time to time and this ability is always my highest priority. If dps RP does really need help I think it would be better to maybe boost a filler ability than the ability I already feel like the most effective ability that's on a decent CD.

I dont usually feel comfortable giving ideas, because I dont know what's possible or what would really be balanced.

But off the top of my head, make rune of striking give you a stackable buff that reduces cast time by 20%. Or make Rune of striking give you a buff that increases crit on your next non rune of striking DD ability. That could be stackable as well or a flat amount.

Making RoB wouldn't even do that much to help the RP overall. It would make it a little more useable, but dps RP isnt underperforming because of a lack of mobility. That would imply its performing well when given the chance to be a turret, and I dont think that's the case.

Mcgotrek

Post#27 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:15 pm

I have no closing statements or anything. What I wanted to say has been stated and counter arguments have been made.
Lowki Lyesmith
Mogens Wyrdmake

dansari

Post#28 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Locking
<Salt Factory>

Ads