Recent Topics

Ads

[Rune Priest] Rune of Battle

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
dansari

Re: [Rune Priest] Rune of Battle [Close Date: 29th May]

Post#11 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 am

Also agree I don't think this is needed. RP is already pretty mobile since you have plenty of instant cast abilities, though I've not tried a dps build yet.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Mcgotrek

Post#12 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 am

Anyone who has tried a dps rp will know that there's no hiding in the bushes with this class. And before calling this proposal 'op' please know that RoB can be severed by Chosen/WE/Doks and you can punt away the character who has it on him.
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

szejoza

Post#13 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:42 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm Elaborate on this, and why you think reducing CD would make it OP?
6s stagger (okay, not so strong in WB due to amounts of AoE but you are sure aware how strong it is in smaller encounters), also very good for stopping someone from running
AoE healdebuff from crits (as it is it's already strong, RoB+RoC can make very high healdebuff uptime even if it gets dispelled, there also comes RoM), add to that Extended Battle tactic and we get 45ft radius AoE healdebuff (on crit, but still possible, I'm sure most are aware the crit stacking possibilities of order, ini debuff, knight aura, knight buff, SW buff etc. etc.)
and whatever additional tools like AP ritual depending on players RR

As for dismounting argument I honestly don't get it, to be able to dismount with it you need to first have a player near enemies anyways. If you have player near enemy wb then he will either end up dead in an instant (mdps/rdps/most healers) or can already slow enemies down with his own arsenal (tanks AoE snares, kotbs slice through, IBs earthshatter).

And a note, I've never said anything about reducing CD x) all I say the skill is in good spot and doesn't need any touch. As others stated, RP have already high arsenal of abilities available on the move. OP states that this spec is already underperforming. Probably yes, but as is the case with almost all healers running dps spec.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 am

Should've made that clearer (wasn't aimed solely at you). I meant reducing the cast time.

So AP ritual, 6 second stagger (is that really worth a mention in WB environments given chaotic nature of aoe flying everywhere?), and range increase?

AxelF

Post#15 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 am

I'd say stagger is still one of a RP's/Zealot's most useful abilities even in a WB setting. The option to take an opposing healer out of the fight for 6 seconds is massive, and if they're even half decent the healer you're targeting should be way out of range of the enemy AoE being chucked around the main fighting area.

I've not tried my RP as dps so not really qualified to comment on whether this would be op or not, but I played zealot as dps for a couple, of months and had no problem getting their equivalent off which is a 6 sec channel. Ofc it's situational and you need to pick your time/location carefully, but as has been pointed out the potential reward in terms of AoE heal debuff is huge, and unlike the zealot the RP can position themselves well out of harms way while casting as the RP version has 150 range while the zealot version is 80 foot range and a 6bsec channel, leaving you vulnerable to pulls etc as well as direct damage.

szejoza

Post#16 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 am

Chill, thought that this was some sort of misunderstanding :D

Reducing cast time(or removing it completely) will free additional GCD for RP, also gives RP mobility which for sure this class isn't lacking (most abilities are instant-cast or usable on the move). RP can be sturdy as hell with racial tactics and proper gear/talis. Making it usable on the move might be okayish but imo it isn't necessary. Considering its long range it can be safely cast before engaging on your front liners (if someone like to break those crucial staggers :D ) or it can be cast from safe spot.
So yeah, basically I think this skill is in a good position, it is useful already, and 2s cast time is a good tradeoff for a 9p skill
Spoiler:

kaorich

Post#17 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am

szejoza wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:42 am add to that Extended Battle tactic and we get 45ft radius AoE healdebuff (on crit, but still possible, I'm sure most are aware the crit stacking possibilities of order, ini debuff, knight aura, knight buff, SW buff etc. etc.)
and whatever additional tools like AP ritual depending on players RR
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11546
theorycrafters

szejoza

Post#18 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 am

kaorich wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11546
theorycrafters
And? It's reported, it will get fixed.
Spoiler:

Ads
kaorich

Post#19 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:33 am

szejoza wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 am
kaorich wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11546
theorycrafters
And? It's reported, it will get fixed.
nice joke.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1189
known issue since 2015

No need to be snide. You can mention there's a bug with Extended Battle without coming off as unseemly - Dan

szejoza

Post#20 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 am

and? it's not being discussed here, I posted it as an example (yeah, I admit I never ran it on my rp), it doesn't change a fact that RoB doesn't need any changes
Spoiler: