Recent Topics

Ads

[SH / SW] Da Waaagh iz Strong / Keen Arrowheads

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
daniilpb

[SH / SW] Da Waaagh iz Strong / Keen Arrowheads

Post#1 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:13 am

Identify the issue

Lackluster Da Waaagh iz Strong / Keen Arrowheads tactics.
I address both of these tactics in one proposal because they mirror each other and the problem is exactly the same for both classes.

Explain why it is an issue

Both of these tactics give useless upgrades to certain skills:
Yer Bleeding / Brodhead Arrows – there is no sense in extra 9/6 seconds since the dot can be reapplied at any time
Stop Runnin / Takedown – increased duration can have a use only in 1v1/pve encounters because in group play it’s a tank’s job to maintain snare.
Not So Fast / Eye Shot – unstackable initiative debuff that can be maintained with 100% up time, therefore, no much use of it.

Propose a viable solution to the problem:

Both of these tactics are parts of the paths which are focused on sustain type of damage. That’s why I believe that changes should follow the same concept:
Each time you critically hit an enemy with Path of Quick Shootin'/Path of The Skirmisher abilities, your auto attack speed will be increased by 50% for 10 seconds.

It will not boost damage much but add some diversity in builds because:
1) Both classes have quite a lot “must-have” tactics for all 4 slots so pick of these tactic will result in giving up on some stats/crit/self-utility/etc.
2) Bows have dps and attack speed of 1-handers so their overall damage is not high.
3) Armor will be always stacked, therefore, values will be high enough to resist physical pressure.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [SH / SW] Da Waaagh iz Strong / Keen Arrowheads

Post#2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 am

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (2nd July).

I think turning this (as you said) useless tactics into an AA increase would fit the theme of the trees, i.e. sustained damage. It would give the tactic some potential use among the other 'must haves', yet would not be overperforming given - as you said - that bows are 1h.

carmine3161

Re: [SH / SW] Da Waaagh iz Strong / Keen Arrowheads [Close Date 2nd July]

Post#3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

What will happen to Stop Runnin / Takedown? like you said it can have a use in 1v1 or pve encounters. This effect should not be removed entirely since it still has a purpose while the other 2 are not beneficial. Would a combination of them prove to be too strong?

I think the 50%aa increase is not enough to make the tactic worthwhile over the 20% crit, 15% dodge/block/parry decrease, and the AP on crit. I suggest that Stop Runnin / Takedown be added onto the 50%aa increase. This way we still keep what made the previous tactic at all worthwhile but now buffing its performance by some sustained damage. This should help the tactic get a little closer to the Previous 3 i mentioned earlier. This tree is not just sustained damage it is also utility and it should fit nicely.

Will this AA increase be use-able for melee?
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:01 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

Will this AA increase be use-able for melee?
No. Melee is in a very good place right now, so this change would be tailored towards the other specs, and giving them some finetuning (if deemed necessary).

Darosh
Banned

Post#5 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Consider skill interactions (e.g.: stacking, procs, accessibility of either, etc.) going forward, please.

Darks63

Post#6 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:34 pm

I was also thinking of these tactics but I wanted something like in increase of armor pen for skrim/quick abilities only.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Gangan

Post#7 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Spoiler:
carmine3161 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am What will happen to Stop Runnin / Takedown? like you said it can have a use in 1v1 or pve encounters. This effect should not be removed entirely since it still has a purpose while the other 2 are not beneficial. Would a combination of them prove to be too strong?

I think the 50%aa increase is not enough to make the tactic worthwhile over the 20% crit, 15% dodge/block/parry decrease, and the AP on crit. I suggest that Stop Runnin / Takedown be added onto the 50%aa increase. This way we still keep what made the previous tactic at all worthwhile but now buffing its performance by some sustained damage. This should help the tactic get a little closer to the Previous 3 i mentioned earlier. This tree is not just sustained damage it is also utility and it should fit nicely.

I would like to have these changes put into the game, as it would give a more or less medicore tactic at least some "Quick shootin'" flavor. :D
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald